Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tuesday Night's Activities Revealed

As I hinted at yesterday, there was a lot of screwing going on in the master bedroom Tuesday night. Actually, Ricardo did all the screwing. I just spent all evening down on my hands and knees. (Oh if I had a dime for every time I have uttered that sentence....LOL! Just joking. ;)Feeling a few "twingies " in certain spots today. But, I think it is worth it!!! No pain no gain! And now for the photos and surprise.....








(This is our master bedroom....emptied out.-well except for sweet Jodi girl. She was too tired to move unassisted.)




Now.....Notice anything different?
I'll give you a little time to scroll up and down....
Okay, besides the dog missing....notice that baseboards and carpet are also MIA? (That was my jobs-hence the whole on the knees thing.)
And here is where all the screwing came into play-





Our floorboards were only nailed down. This made for some "give" in the subfloor as well as some squeaking noise. So we placed screws throughout the sub flooring every few inches to keep this from reoccurring.
What is going on you ask? Where's the bed? Well a funny thing happened while we were waiting on the bed to be in stock. Actually, it wasn't funny at all. But it's so us-which makes it kinda funny.



To give you a feel for the story, let me recap the "back story." Jodi had her "episode" last Thursday night. After that, I couldn't go back to sleep. Spent Friday on hands and knees crouched by dog bawling my eyes out thinking my dog was dying. Then cried from relief when I found out she wasn't. Eyes swollen. Sore.


Spent Friday night downstairs sleeping on the couch since she couldn't walk. Didn't want her to be alone or frightened. Couch-not so comfy. Time spent in fetal position. Sleep was intermittent. So now we have two nights with not much sleep.


Then Harlow's bladder problem came back...ugh! Leak so large it went all the way thru the doggy bed and then seeped into the carpet. I'm talking HUGE puddle upstairs in master bedroom. HUGE!!! Not pretty.

Wife AGAIN on hands and knees. (Seems I'm spending waaaay too much time in this position.) This time scrubbing up dog urine. Wife once again weeping. This time from frustration, lack of sleep, you name it. It must have been one pathetic scene for husband to witness. So Ricardo to the rescue. He suggests we crate up the dogs for a little while and go look for new flooring. WHAT?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! No he assures me. He thinks I need to stand erect (insert snickering here) and get out of the house for a little while. Thinks fresh urine free air will do me some good. FLOORING? REALLY?




You can imagine my surprise. I've been BEGGING for wood flooring upstairs for the past 5 years. Conversations usually go something like this:




ME: I WANT WOOD.... I NEED WOOD. ...WOOD would make my life soooo much easier and more enjoyable.
RICARDO: I got your wood baby!



ME: Baby! I'm serious!!!




RICARDO: Baby! So am I!!!





This is the same exact conversation we have had EVERY time the word wood has been mentioned during the last 5 years. EVERY TIME!!! So you can see my confusion and amazement that we are actually going out to look at flooring.




Long story short. We found wood flooring for the bedroom that we both love. HOO-RAY!!!! And while we were out, we stopped by another furniture store that was right next door. While we were there, we found the same exact bed that was backordered elsewhere. AND THEN... we looked to the right...and found a bed that we both liked EVEN BETTER! One we both instantly loved. THE PERFECT MARITAL BED!!! So Thursday we are getting new flooring for the bedroom and Friday we are getting our marital bed delivered. Which means that Friday night will be spent in the marital bed, with new easy maintainence, beautiful WOOD floors underneath. Now, I'd like to say that this will finally put an end to the amount of time I find myself down on my knees.....but I have a feeling it won't. Have a feeling I'll be in this position and many others, (wearing my boots) and "thanking" dear, sweet, wonderful, husband Ricardo for a long, long time. I'll spare you those photos!!! ;)...... But if you want to see the new room photos, check back on Friday! ;)
In the meantime, We're ALL camped out in the media room. The boys think this looks like so much fun, that they have gotten out their sleeping bags and have been joining us in our "camping experience." Who needs Yosemite National Park?! LOL!





















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got your wood baby! OMG!
Great post!
I can't wait to check back later!