Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Older than Dirt and Slower than Molasses!!!

In honor of my birthday,(who knew I'd still be alive and kicking at this age ?!) I have composed a little birthday poem....in true Stacy D Briefing style. Hope it will bring a smile to everyone's face who also is contending with this thing we call...AGING gracefully. (ugh!) And in case my dear, sweet, younger, lovely, perfect in every single way, talented sister whom I love dearly reads today's posting... Ahem....PLEASE, PLEASE pay special attention to the poem's last line....VERY IMPORTANT. Just keeping it real. :) (snicker, snort, giggle)


Older than dirt.
Slower than molasses.
No get up and go.
And soon I'll need glasses.

Must stand on my head
to make my body look perky.
And what happened to my neck?!
I look like a damn turkey!!!

Aged 365 days overnight.
Look at me...what a freaken sight!
But it's my day; Yep,... think I'll savor it.
Relishing the fact...that I'm STILL Dad's FAVORITE! :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a wonderful day.
I love the poem, you really have a knack.....

kiki said...

LOL LOL LOL!! That's great! :) Hope your day is as wonderful as you. ..LOVE the last line. Happy Birthday!!!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!! You are so clever and witty ~ love the poem!