Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tidbits from my Tuesday

After a year and countless dollars spent at our old vet, we tried a new vet on today. May I just say, the old vet was NOT happy that we switched. For being so nice while we went there- he was a real turd when I explained why we were leaving.

I called personally to say that we were switching. Thought it would be the most honorable and straight forward way to approach it. Explained that we were not unhappy with him, we just wanted to get a second opinion and new ideas on how to best approach this tricky bladder situation. It's been ongoing for over a year. We have spent waaaaay too much money and not seen permanent results. Asked that he please forward/fax over our records.

Vet was very argumentative. Didn't send over records. New vet had to call and personally request them herself. And THEN they didn't send over all/any of the x-rays. Nice. Very professional. How about a heaping helping of grow the F*%# up!!!

So that is why we couldn't get Harlow into the new vet until Tuesday afternoon. But at last she was seen. They did an ultrasound (which looked good.) There was also a urine test and a urine culture procured. We are awaiting test results. Should know by Friday. New vet VERY intellegent. VERY helpful. REALLY liked our first visit. Hoping it is something simple. She seems to think it is either a bladder infection that didn't get completely cleared up-and came back stronger, or a weak bladder due to hormones/lack of hormones from her spaying. So we might do anitbiotics or estrogen supplements depending on the test results. Nice to have a fresh perspective on an old problem. Here's to hoping that the piddle problem is almost behind us...hee hee hee. Piddle. Behind. I ... CRACK a joke....:) Excuse me while I endulge in juvenile humor for a moment.

Along that same train of thought...(juvenile humor)..."whoo whoo" (train whistle :)....may I just say that there will be A LOT of screwing going on in the master bedroom tonight. ALLLLLOT! We may be screwing for hours and hours. Hope we have the stamina it takes. Pictures will be posted on Wednesday p.m. If I'm not too tired from all the above mentioned screwing.... HEE HEE HEE! Can't wait to share....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you putting new furniture together?
I'm glad I don't know what your husband looks like or I would have these images in my head that wouldn't go away. Ewwwww
Glad for the new vet! Hope she figures everything out.

Jen said...

Yeah, I agree with carsick - I hope the new vet is able to see things with fresh eyes and find a quick resolution!

As far as the screwing goes... once the bed is put together, put on your boots and give Ricardo's screwing skills to the test! (Meaning, make sure the bed is good and sturdy!) ;)

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Jen,
You make me LOL! Have a feeling I'll be doing just that! ;)