Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1 is the lonliest number?! I think not!!!

Today's blog is kinda cheating. I didn't write it. But, I did read it and I feel it is a great article. I often get so busy that I don't seem to have a moment to myself. That is the one thing I complain about to my husband-no "me time"! I think every mother out there can relate to that!!! Husband, children, pets, housework, laundry, schoolwork, home improvement, yard work....etc, etc. I sometimes feel selfish for even wanting alone time. I think, "How selfish you are! You have the family that you always dreamed of and now you want to be by yourself for a couple of minutes/hours/days!!! Perhaps you don't deserve your family you bi-atch!!!" (As you can see, I am quite harsh during conversations with myself! :)

But this article says you NEED alone time. Since it is in print, I feel like it is actually giving me permission....no, REQUIRING that I start finding some down time for myself. So, for all of you out there who feel like me; you don't have a moment to yourself/you sometimes want a moment to yourself. Read this short article, pretend it is taking longer to read than it is, and carve out an extra 5 minutes to be by yourself today! I think we might all be better for it!!! Enjoy!!!


Do you spend enough time alone? - Healthy Living on Shine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to be alone. I just never am. Thanks for the article, I will shove it in Dave's face.

Frank said...

I am practically a recluse, so I understand that completely. Thanks for reading, ma'am :)

kiki said...

I LOVE alone time. Thank goodness, with no children and no husband,:) But I truly love it. You should not feel guilty for wanting "your" time.