Friday, April 3, 2009

Ima's Traveling Tales

Last week I showed you billboards from my travels. Today, I'm going to share a story that might have happened to me while I was away on business. "Ima" not saying it's a true story, "Ima" not saying I wrote it either, "Ima" just saying I think it will make you smile! Enjoy...





I was driving home from one of my business trips in Northern Arizona when I saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road. As the trip was a long and quiet one, I stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride. With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car.



Resuming the journey, I tried in vain to make a bit of small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail. Then, she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to me. "What's in bag?" asked the old woman. I looked down at the brown bag and said, "It's a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband."



The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, She said: "Good trade....."



Next time you open a bottle of wine, remember this story, raise your glass high, and give a small toast to this wise woman!

Til then, remember- If you can't set a good example, be a horrible warning for others!!!

Yours truly,

Ima Jo King

1 comment:

kiki said...

We have that in a wine bar in town, I laugh everytime I read it. Wise wise woman. :)