Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Big Reveal

The flooring is down. We are so thrilled with the results! We chose a vintage looking/distressed maple flooring with a 5" plank and a lot of color variation. I think it is beautiful!











We had contemplated installing the wood floors ourselves. They are glued down. We thought, hmmmm...maybe we could do this. Just rip up the carpet, put down glue and lay floor right? Sooooo glad we didn't install them ourselves. I watched the crew- they did alot of things we wouldn't have even thought of doing. In this instance, leaving it to the professionals was money well spent. A great job done right the first time. But don't take my word for it, take a gander:























Do you like? See all the different shades of color? Notice all the distressing? ( I really like that part. Takes the pressure off keeping them new looking. ;) Now here is the floor with the new baseboards down:























Magnifique!! Bellissimo! Stupendo!!
















I want to thank everyone for all your tips, advice, suggestions, input...(whatever you want to call it.) It helped us tremendously!!! In the end we went with a darker wood (thanks Kiki) sleighbed (thanks Jen/Kiki) that is elevated really high off the ground (thanks Carsick and Kiki) See, it was like you were all right there shopping with us!!! Wouldn't THAT have been fun?!!! And now, after much waiting... I give you... (drum roll please).... The Marital Bed:















The Feet-






The side of the headboard:








The side of the footboard:









The inset of the headboard:









The outside of the footboard:






We've never exchanged gifts on our Anniversary. And I don't know what year is what for exchanging wood/metal/leather/etc. But I think we've got it all covered here. After almost 15 years of marriage, we think this was the perfect anniversary present to each other for years past and (hopefully) many years to come.. A great investment in this twisted little game we call marriage! Speaking of marriage...We both love the way this bed "marries" the masculine and feminine qualities that we both like. It has all the elegant scrollwork, the nailhead trim, the dark leather. A perfect compliment to our ying/yang. (LOL...that didn't sound right at ALL!!! ;) And my absolute favorite part.........it's massive!!!











To give you an idea of the size- Blue eyes is almost 5' tall. I LOVE the look of massive, oversized furniture. I think it makes a statement...a presence in the room if you will And most importantly...It makes you feel like Lily Tomlin sitting upon her rocking chair. Hee Hee Hee!!!(Any one else remember that?) It takes quite a leap to get on it... But I too now love sleeping high off the ground!






We are beyond thrilled with the results! We envision many wonderful nights here...." And that's the twroof....Plaauuubbbbthhhh!"





( Sorry, the Lily Tomlin impersonation loses a little in translation when done on the computer. ;P)






Thanks again for all your suggestions and tips on helping us choose the now infamous marital bed! Let's all get together and go shopping again real soon...and next time, we'll leave the boys at home. ;)













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! You are going to have some great times in that bed! It's beautiful I love everything about the bed and FLOOR! It feels good to have a beautiful bedroom. Happy Easter to you and yours.

My word verification is totopigm
for some reason thats very funny to me

Jen said...

WOW. I love the floors! I love the bed! I even love the baseboards!

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. May you have many nights of hot lovin' and peaceful slumber there. :)

kiki said...

How unbelievably perfect and wonderful. I truly LOVE it! I have to ask though, why the padded headboard? Bow chicka bow bow..... :)