Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tile....I'M SOOOOO OVER IT!!!

So much for a relaxing weekend. The tile saga continues in our home. We had more tiles "pop up." This is the latest area of tile needing to be re-laid: You just got to love to quality of workmanship that the original tile man did for us! Luckily for us the other tile that we redid awhile back is holding nicely. So, that gives us hope that this new area will now cooperate with us as well. Course who knows how much else will decide to "pop-up" like a children's book in the future. (Thanking the powers that be, that this waited until AFTER the appraisor arrived....What a nightmare THAT would have been!!!)

Speaking of nightmares....The neat freak in me is just cringing as I walk around the house. Every square inch (both upstairs and down) is covered with a fine dust. EVERYTHING!!! UGH!!!
Life just makes ya laugh and cry and bang your head against the wall sometimes doesn't it?! After this tile is all laid and the clean up is done, I'll be found hanging out with my old friend......''NITA...NITA MARGARITA!!!" She always knows how to cheer me! LOL!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I found someone to tile the boys' bathroom... now just need to choose some tile. Also, we need to take down the old tile and I am terrified of what we will do to the wall! Any tips on taking old tile off of walls?

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about tile, but I do know your friend Nita. And I love a sexy man in a tool belt. :) That's all of my remodel knowledge. Good luck to both of you girlies though.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

I've never taken tile off bathroom walls before...(yet!) I've seen them use hammers, chisels etc to do it on t.v shows.Not much help I know... BUT... We have 12x12 tile up on our shower walls/arond tub in our master bath. Dark brown tile with light brown grout. I will say LARGER tiles equals less grout lines=less scrubbing. And a darker color tile and grout shows stains much less than an lighter color grout (ie white.) Something to keep in mind. Hope this helps!:) Can't wait to see pics!:)

Jen said...

Yes, we want to do 12 inch tiles instead of the litle bitty ones from 1960, which is what we currently have. :) And we want to go up the walls at least a foot or two kind of as a "backsplash." Living with 3 males, I need that, especially behind the potty. :0)