Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Channeling Private Benjamin

It's been one of those weeks guys. Perhaps I will laugh about all this soon....but not yet. Between tilework, housework, schoolwork, etc. I feel whipped. Today, was the lovely crescendo to the opera that is my life....loaded up the boys and headed out to piano lessons. Drove for 45 minutes. 5 minutes before arrival...ol blue eyes starts vomiting...in his piano music bag. Brown eyes starts screaming bloody murder....repeat....repeat. I'm driving like Jeff Gordon trying to get us home quickly...yet safely. Took only 20 minutes to make it home. Between the vomiting and screaming, I don't think there was a police officer anywhere brave enough to pull us over! Upon throwing away piano music bag- latch on 10' gate broke. After getting children shepherded inside-let dog's out. Ella waded through muddy yard up to her elbows. Now I get to add bathing dog to my list of chores before her obedience class tonight. In my spare time I get to make dinner. Woohoo!

I know it's nothing tragic. Just a blip on the ol radar of life. But man alive!!! I'm feeling much like Goldie Hawn in Private Benjamin (when she arrives at basic training camp.) ...."Excuse me, there must be some sort of mistake here. This ISN'T what I signed up for. Where's the beach?!!! Where's the condo's???!!!"

Okay, that made me crack a smile. Maybe I'll be laughing about this sooner than I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I promise I won't laugh but darn you tell it so well! Nothing like puke in a piano bag to make your life more fun! Hope everyone feels better soon....

Jen said...

If anyone can handle a day like that with grace, it's you!

Anonymous said...

Who's Grace? :) Little vodka in your kool-aid never hurt anyone. Hope things get back to "normal" soon. Whatever that is...