Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Age Old Holiday Question...

I'm feeling a little less pressured today. I've got the stockings hung by the chimney, with care. Hoping that Saint Nick will soon be here.....But not tooooo soon, I've still got stuff to do!





We've also got the tree up and decorated. Whew! That's a big relief off my mind. Will be an even bigger relief to get some gifts to go under it! ha! But one day at a time. Doesn't it look festive?


* Excuse the rest of the room. It is in renovation limbo. Like many other projects in our home, it's awaiting funding. :) But, being upstairs it's handy to put the tree here instead of lugging it up and downstairs every year. However, if you are wondering "what in the world is on the walls?" it's this wallpaper:Memorable movie couples. Do you love it, hate it or don't care one way or the other as long as it's not in your home?! ha! I love it! I think it will be really cool once we get the media room complete. This is our sample baseboards and wood flooring-again awaiting funding. But I digress. Now on to today's question...


With it being Christmas time, I'm wondering the age old question. No, not real tree vs. artificial. That's been done. I want to get a little more personal. When it comes to your Christmas tree...to flock or not to flock; that is the question.


In case you can't tell from the photos, our tree is artificial and flocked. Yep, I'm a flocker! and I'm not ashamed to admit it!I love flocking. I'm hooked. In fact, I'll never go without flocking again!
Our old tree was just a plain jane artificial tree. 4 years ago I bought this one. Ricardo loves it too! He wasn't with me when I picked out the tree. I thought it was gorgeous, but I wanted his opinion; so I called him and asked....


Me: "Do you like flocking?"

Ricardo: "You betcha!"

Me: "I had no idea."

Ricardo: "Honey, I've ALWAYS enjoyed flocking! All men do!"

Me: "Wow! Good to know. And, now that I know; you'll never have to spend another Christmas without flocking!"

Ricardo: "Great! Hurry home!"


Yep, it's amazing how festive a little flocking can make the holidays! I think it is a beautiful thing! Well, when it is done correctly that is. I would never try flocking on my own. ( Not that there is anything wrong with that.) I'm sure there are plenty of people who flock themselves; I'm just not one of them.
I also think, that if you want it to done right- you should have it professionally done. Yes, I've seen amateur's attempt flocking. It's not pretty. Not pretty at all. There is nothing worse than bad flocking! It's just not aesthetically pleasing at all. I guess you can improve over time, with plenty of practice. But I still think spending a little money for a professional flocker is the way to go!
I also think that a little flocking goes a long way. Yes, I think there is such a thing as too much flocking.But I guess it must just be a woman thing. Because, My husband disagrees with this. He says there is no such thing as toooo much flocking. In fact, Ricardo said I will be hard pressed to find any man who would answer any differently. If they did, they would lose their man card! Wow!! Who knew that men felt so stongly about flocking!!!


Guess there's alot I don't know. But give me your opinion. Come on, tell me your flocking thoughts!!!






2 comments:

Jen said...

First of all, I love the wallpaper!I never have painted our basement/man's domain/media room. I considered painting it a dark color and then hanging movie posters in frames on the walls - like The Godfather, Fields of Dreams, Caddyshack, etc. I doubt the guys would like the romantic movie couples but I would!

Secondly, no flocking here. We don't have flocked trees in Kansas, apparently, because I am not sure I have ever seen one!

Anonymous said...

Poo Poo! Nothing wrong with a good flocking. I personally have never had one though. A snow covered tree that is. After that story, I feel as if I need to clarify. :)I did actually know that about men. They're so festive.

And, I too, love the wallpaper.