Friday, December 12, 2008

Every now and Zen...

I thought I would share with you today my "Zen Spot." This is what greets you when you enter our front door (besides me, of course :) It goes 20 feet up in the air. We had it wallpapered to look like stone walls. A castle like feel if you will. This is the windows that are above the front door. I set these metal grills in the window to give a sort of stain glass window look-minus the stained glass. (I'm kinda dorky that way :) )

Now here is the zen part....Early in the mornings(8,9,10-ish) the sun is in front of my house. It streams through the windows and this is the beautiful, peaceful reflection it makes upon the walls:


Ahhhhh! Isn't it relaxing? But, perhaps I'm the only one who finds it so beautiful and tranquil. Ricardo laughs at me everytime he finds me lounging upon the steps drinking coffee and gazing dreamily at the walls. I guess I must look like a cat- all perched upon my sunny stoop, watching reflections bouncing off the walls. ha! But truly when I sit here in the early morning hours, undisturbed, drinking my coffee gently laced with kahlua and vodka (just joking ;p)...- It truly is my Zen spot. My little cocoon. I'm relaxed. I'm calm. I reflect upon life. I meditate if you will. All is right with the world. I think everyone should have their special little Zen place. So share with me... What's your Zen spot?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Zen spot is the cat park. I don't actually have one yet in my home. And let's just say maybe that is for the best that I am not attached to a specific area here. haha.. Anyway, I enjoy relaxing there. Talking to the little guys and enjoying the sunshine. Thank you for the vodka tip though. I will enjoy my zen spot much more now. Sincerely, a thankful reader

Jen said...

How beautiful - everyone in your family has such a great eye for decorating. I liked your Zen spot quite a lot!
My Zen spot would be my deck, either early in the morning or late at night.