Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Security System

Ricardo is going on a business trip. He will be gone for several days and nights. Normally, most people wouldn't advertise this kind of information online. Wouldn't be prudent. But me, I have no worries! I have MASTIFFS!!! These are guardian dogs. These are the lion of the dog family or so all the books say. Why just take a look at my lion pride:Okay,... All appears calm right now on the Sahara.... But I'm sure these girls will spring into action on a moments notice if need be!



I'm sure it is common practice for all guardian dogs to sleep with their eyes open. Right? Helps keep them on high alert or something like that!




I do know without a doubt in my mind that our sectional will be safe!




Someone would have to be pretty foolish to attempt to break in here and be met by the menacing, raging eyes that belong to this girl!



Okay, they might have to pry open the eyes first. But then they would be met with bloodshot eyes, that could be easily mistaken for eyes filled with rage!!!






I hope the need never arises for our girls to have to protect us. We live a pretty calm life in a pretty calm, safe suburb. But I truly do think that if push came to shove we would be protected. Our littlest girl is only 6 months old, and already the protection instinct is pretty strong. Just look at her protecting brown eyes:




Their pretty tight! Also notice the intensity and focus in her eyes. Yep, I think this little girl would get the job done in short order if the situation called for it. However, besides these girls and an alarm system; I've got my "ace in the hole" my "surprise weapon" so to speak. If someone were to make it in past the mastiffs and the alarm system, they would be confronted by this:






Our 13 year old, geriatric Lab.First they will wonder how long this dog has been laying there deceased. Then, when they let their guard down... she'll "GAS THEM". Yep, she doesn't look very intimidating, but she can clear a room like nobody's business!!! Holy Labrador Batman!!! A time or two she's almost caused blindness when the room wasn't cleared fast enough! So, yeah; I'm feeling secure. Very secure. And I have a plan. I believe I'll call her "Plan Silent, but deadly!"
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one calm household. That on it's own is beautiful. I hope they have a good bark, because they really don't look that itimidating for something the size of a horse. Might want to buy mase too...just incase. Hey, where's Dis?

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Dis is more difficult to get a photo of than Bigfoot! Everytime you even try- it is just as blurry. He heads for the hills the minute a camera is picked up. Oy! Perhaps I should include an etch a sketch drawing of him? :)