Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Flocking Answers Revealed...

As it says in the heading: amusing anecdotes and irrelevant information. I promised you stories and answers, and I'm going to bring them to you. Seems that I raised many an eyebrow with my Christmas Tree question yesterday. Not just with my readers, but with people on the street. Yep, that's right; I took my show on the road. I wanted answers. Not just for myself, but for you too. So here's all you need to know this holiday season about flocking :

I surveyed 100 people. Yes, I was serious about finding the flocking answers alright! It wasn't easy. Some people didn't want to answer- guess they thought it was too personal a question. I'm not a mathematician, so I'm not going to break it down into percentages. But here is what the results showed...

Question: "Are you a flocker?"/ "Do you enjoy flocking?"

Most of the women I surveyed answered no. Most said they did not enjoy flocking. (Guess I'm one of the few women out there who do.) Some said that they used to enjoy flocking when they were younger. Some women even said that they faked a headache to avoid flocking. Hmmmmmm. Very interesting. They must have encountered some very bad flocking indeed in their past! But even more interesting... (and they felt pretty strongly about this) most women said that their ex-husbands were flockers. Wow!! From a statistic standpoint, I had no idea there were so many out there!

Okay, so it appears that flocking is more of a man thing. But I kept asking.

Of the men I surveyed. Overwhelmingly they agreed that they enjoyed flocking. There is no such thing to a man as bad flocking. One man asked if I was volunteering my services. I said, "No sir. Although, I enjoy the flocking; I strongly believe that flocking is best done only by professionals." I don't know why, but he seemed disappointed by this answer. But continuing on....

While most men admitted to enjoying flocking, they said they themselves were not flockers. But, they thought that their bosses were. Interesting.

Also, one elderly gentleman I surveyed said that he used to enjoy flocking. But, now he was too old. So sad. Tragic even.

So, in a nutshell, here is what my survey revealed:

Most women don't admit that they enjoy flocking. Some avoid it at all costs. Some women hate flocking so much, that they will get divorced if they even think their husband is a flocker!
Men enjoy the flocking, yet do not admit to being flockers themselves. Apparently, it is a upper management thing; because overhwhelmingly people said that their bosses were flockers. And apparently everyone's flocking days are numbered; because, flocking is something that you can outgrow, no longer enjoy or become too old for. All of which saddens me deeply. I'd hate to think it's just a flocking phase I'm going through! But now you know the flocking answers. I've done my duty. And that my dear friends brings an end to this big flocking debate.

Let me know what tough subject you want me to tackle next! You have questions? I'll find ya some answers!!

Happy Holidays!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should have put a microphone in your bag. You could have been like the guys that ask questions on the street for David Letterman. Thanks for the interesting news. You really go out on a limb with some controversial questions for your viewers. Sincerely,
A non flocker in Fort Worth

Jen said...

Where do you get your material?! You are so flocking hilarious!
My goodness, Stacy, you should be writing a comedy flick! You'd rake in millions!

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Jen,
Sadly, I make my own material up. My mind just gets tickled by certain words or situations and goes where no rational mind would go. But thank you for thinking I'm so flocking funny! Kiki will attest to the fact that I busted up laughing on a plane one time because while waiting for takeoff the pilot came on and said " We can't take off yet, we are waiting on our slot." I started laughing hysterically and kept saying "SLOT!!! SLOT!!!" Even now I'm laughing uncontrolably at the memory!!! :) I'm just flocking goofy I guess!!!

Anonymous said...

your flocking goofy? I thought Minnie was...? You know when Mickey went before the divorce court the judge said Mickey, you can't divorce Minnie because she is crazy and Mickey said I didn't say she was crazy....I said she was flocking goofy!