Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Ricardo!!!!

Happy Birthday Ricardo! Yep, that's right, Ricardo is 45 today!!! What is even more amazing is that we met when he was only 23. For you mathematicians- that means yes, he has been a part of my life for 22 years now. Also for you mathematicians- 29-22=7. We met when I was 7!!!! (wink, wink)









Wonderful Jenny made a list of reasons she loved her husband for his birthday. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Jen, prepare to be flattered...I loved your idea so much, I'm gonna swipe it.....So, please send me a copy of your list. :) Although, I think for the record it should be noted Jenny had it much easier...her husband is much, much younger. But here goes:









Reasons I love Ricardo:









1. Your name: Ricardo...that's sexy!!!




2. You let me call you Ricardo, even though it is not your name. :)




3. You take care of me.







4. You are my security, my calm, you keep me grounded.







5. You know practically everything about me, and you like me anyways!







6. You waited patiently for me to come to my senses while we were on a break!







7. You could have married anyone, but you married me.







8. You think I'm "low maintenance"







9. You are patient







10. You are tolerant.







11. You have a great sense of humor!







12. You are a great husband!







13. You are a great Dad!







14. You aren't afraid to act goofy around me and the boys.







15. You allow your family to have 4 dogs.







16. Which leads me to point out, that you are indulgent to our wants, needs and desires.







17. You take out the trash.







18. After all these years together, you can still bring it buddy!!!







19. You're hung like Trigger!







20. After all these years together, you still say I'm pretty.







21. After all these years together, you still say my body is rockin.







22. After all these years together, you have mastered the art of lying! ha ha!!!







23. You can still rock a pair of jeans yourself mister!







24. You wear your baseball cap backwards for me because I find it sexy.







25. You don't think I'm funny, but you still laugh at me. Wait! That didn't sound right at all!!!





26. You are intelligent.





27. You are reliable.





28. You are a kind, good person.





29. You come home for lunch everyday to see your family.





30. You come home......that alone speaks volumes! ha!!!





31. You kiss me every time you come home, just because.





32. You go out of your way to help others.





33. You read directions/instructions because you know I don't like to.





34. You find a way to implement all my home improvement ideas.





35. You trust me implicitly-no doubts, no questions, no hesitations!





36. Your a good provider for your family.





37. You find a way for me to be a stay at home mom because you know it's important to me.





38. You can make me laugh.





39. You give good hugs.





40. You remember all our dating stories





41. You don't have a terrible temper.





42. You forgive the fact that I do. :)





43. You don't mind running errands for me on your way home from work.





44. You let me be me- without trying to change me.





45. You haven't traded me in for a newer model, better equiped wife... yet. As Frank Barone would say: "Trophy Wife...what contest in hell did you win?!!!"



So Happy Birthday, Ricardo! I love you!!! I'm thankful that we are lucky enough to be spending another year together....here's to many more!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Excellent list! I think you and Ricardo are made for each other! He's a PEACH and so are YOU!
Happy Birthday, R!

Anonymous said...

"Aw!!!" That's great! Happy birthday Ricardo. Lucy you made a wonderful list. I even blushed, can't imagine what he thought. Have a wonderful party.
Great idea Jen, we should all take the time to remember nice things. That's a good tradition.