Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Hope 2009 is off to a great start for everyone!!! Did everyone have a festive New Year's Eve? We spent New Year's Eve at the bowling alley. It was a blast! Okay, so we were upstairs in our media/gameroom playing wii bowling...but it was still a blast! After the bowling tournament, the boys (of all ages) partook of target practice. On one level of the game, aliens come from outer space. Little brown eyes laughs so hard, he almost pees his pants....he laughed like that everytime the aliens made an appearance. It was too cute! We even managed to get in a couple of rounds of boxing. Yep wii were quite busy!



Everyone stayed awake 'til midnight. Kisses and well wishes were passed all around-it was sweet. One of my favorite New Year's of all times to be honest. What a sweet family I have! If you would have told me 20 years ago that I would be spending so many consecutive New Year's Eves at home; I wouldn't have believed it. Then, if you would have told me that I would rather be at home than going out...I would have doubted it. But now, I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I prefer to think I am just content. Yeah, content sounds much better-let's stick with that!



I know blogs have been sporadic this week. Ricardo has been on vacation. I was worried about us spending so much together time. I was really worried I might be a widow by weeks end; (ha) but it has been surprisingly nice. Tomorrow we have some "honey-do" projects to complete. I'm the idea man, Ricardo is my carpenter. I am also his handy assistant. I've got some modest plans to be completed. I've been waiting patiently for over a year now for them to get done. Now I'm anxious to see how well they turn out. I'll be posting photos of our final product to see what you think.



Happy New Year!!! May 2009 bring you much happiness, health, prosperity, bliss....and perhaps some lovely surprises as well!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy New Year! Your celebration sounded heavenly - surrounded by all your "boys!"

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too beautiful girl! I had a quiet one as well. Lyn invited us all over for Deer chili. (kemal's first hunting experience) Brooks, his girl, Matt and kids, Mick and I, kemal, lyn and their neighbors. We all were yawning at 10:45pm, so we found NY ball drop on tv. Celebrated the New Year at 11 and went home. Party Animals. Piggy and girls were glad I was home in time to snuggle up. Meow!