Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dreaming of Sweet Summertime!!!

Burrrrr! It's cold today ladies!!! The wind whips right through you....well not right through you, that would mean you're a ghost. I'm not a ghost, although I've been told my memory can be haunting. (Ahhh ha ha ha-thank you I will be here all week!)









Many of you are probably wondering if this is a ghostly apparition I caught on film....close!




It definately freaks me out! It's almost as bad as seeing a ghost....but I digress.









Now where was I, oh yeah....this cold weather has me dreaming about summer. Longing for summer actually. More specifically, longing for our summer vacation destination. Poolside. My family and I don't take getaway destination vacations. We don't need any road maps We just simply walk out the back door to our own little vaca getaway.Right now, it is just taunting us when we look out the windows! But in a few short months we will be swimming in it's depths, lounging in the chairs, soaking up the sun and acquiring a lush bronze tan.



Then I will no longer be faced with THIS horrendous road map on a daily basis. The one that depicts little lesser known towns like: Vericose Valley, Effects of Pregnancy Villa, Strain from weight gain Isle, and Aging Sucks USA!!!










That's right, this disgusting ghostly appariton/road map is my LEG! YUCK!!! Don't worry, I feel like hurling too!!! But the good news is, you will PERHAPS be able to forget this ghastly vision with time and plenty of alcohol!!! As for me, it follows me EVERYWHERE I go! Day after Day! Year after year! I don't mind it so much in the summertime when the tan helps conceal it.- I can almost forget it for a few months out of the year. But in the wintertime, it just taunts me mercilessly. Reminding me of youth long lost. The effects of aging and childbearing. I'm not saying I would change anything. I wouldn't . I would travel the same path. Honest!



But, I must say sometimes, in the depth of winter, when I look in the mirror....it's enough to make me channel my ol' friend "Ricky Bobby" and yell...SWEET 6lb 8oz baby Jesus!!!



Sorry, if I offended anyone with my outburst. I'm just trying to "keep it real" as PDub would say. Perhaps in the process, I even made everyone feel a little better about their own bodies. Or not. But I hope I did. Not that I'm implying any of you have need to feel better about your bodies. You don't. I'm just saying, things could be worse. (I am the example of that! THAT is my point!) And on a closing note, I will gladly pay for any meal you might have hurled while reading this post. ( Unless it was something expensive. that cost more than a nickel for example...then all promises are null and void!)


Have a good day! As for me....It's"vericose" to drinking time here, gotta run! (LOL!!!)













3 comments:

Jen said...

I honestly didn't know what the picture was of, until you told me!
You have a beautiful pool - and I've seen your legs - they are beautiful as well!

Anonymous said...

Vericose to drinking! Haaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaa Heeeee Heeee
As my 4th child being 9 ls 10.02 oz. I can say that my body don't look the same as it did before having him. Though I won't take any pictures to show it.
I too am dreaming of summer....

Anonymous said...

I knew exactly what it was...because I have the same ghostly shapes on the outside of my calves. Yuck is right....I too long for summer. I've heard it's also from crossing your legs when you sit. I should have never tried to be proper...it wasn't worth it.