Saturday, January 10, 2009

Apologies for the Profile Photo

Everyone who knows me knows I have a LOT of quirks/phobias/or "issues" as I call them. But I honestly, don't have a lot of things that I actually hate. I'm just not wired that way I guess. Or maybe, it's because I have soooooo many issues that there isn't much room left for hating things.( but I digress.) But today, I had to do something that I hate, to avoid the other thing that I hate even worse.



I had to get up early this morning...7:15. I'll wait for you to quit laughing..... But, I'm serious! For me 7:15 is EARLY!!! Too early! I'm a night owl. If you want someone to stay up all night, I'm your gal. Early morning...not so much! I usually wake up around 9AM. I only get up early if it is something REALLY important. So if I ever agree to meet you before 10:00 AM, you can bet you're pretty important to me!!!



This morning I had to get up early for a hair appointment. On the surface, it doesn't sound too important; so, you're probably wondering why I would get up that early. Well, I do it so I don't have to do the other thing that I hate even worse...waiting! My hairstylist starts at 9AM. If you are not first on her schedule, be prepared to wait. Twice, I have waited an hour past my scheduled appointment because she was running behind. So, every 10-12 weeks I FORCE myself to get up early, for the sake of vanity. Because, I don't have all day to sit around-and a good stylist is hard to find.



I had the alarm set for 7:15 because it takes a good 20 minutes for me to finally roll out of bed. (Honest.) Then, I throw on my clothes, let all the dogs out, feed all the dogs, let all the dogs back in, grab a power bar and head out the door at 8:15. I don't drink my normal 21oz of coffee-so I'm half dead until I get back home. And then, I'm tired and off all day. But it's worth it. Nothing quite like freshly highlighted hair. Oohhhhh! Aaaahhhh! So shiney! So sparklie!!! So natural looking! (wink, wink;)



Anyway, to make a short story long, (because I'm good at that!) I thought, since I had "fresh hair", I would post my photo today on the blog. You will note, that although I will get up early for the sake of vanity, I will not put on makeup that early!!! I would rather walk around looking like Scagerella than have to get up even earlier to spend 15minutes on makeup. So there you go....issues!



My eldest, loving ol blue eyes, said he would take my picture for me. He loves cameras. So I sat upon my zen spot. My relaxing area in the house. The area that I usually sit and have my morning java. As you can see, there is no java. And NOTHING about this photo is relaxing. Comical-yes. Relaxing-no!





Ricardo calls me the dog lady. EVERY where I go, the dogs follow me. Cesar Millan would definately agree that they view me as their pack leader. Which if fine and dandy. But with 4 dogs, this is what it looks like on any given day around here. Not a lot of peaceful photo opportunities. And without my morning coffee, I was too tired to rope and wrangle them all outside. Besides, it's cold out there today! Burrrrr!!!



So this is what you get with a camera and four dogs inside. Bless you blue-eyes for even trying to take photos under these conditions!!! A less patient person would have just walked away in disgust. LOL! As they say...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. And that, is just what I did. I surrendered and joined in the craziness. Which is why THIS:

photo is now posted on my profile! I think it truly depicts the goofiness that surrounds me. I guess you are indeed the company that you keep! ha!


Perhaps I'll post another photo for my profile in the future... On a warmer day... When the dogs are outside. But this will just have to do for now. LOL!!


4 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

OMG I'm laughing my arse off! I just noticed on the second photo, I have a white area on my jeans near the crotch! NOTE: This is NOT a hole in my jeans, this is part of my shirt!!! Too funny. Course, maybe you didn't even notice it. In which case, NOW you'll go back and look. So, nevermind. strike that. Delete!
Life just makes you laugh doesn't it?!

Jen said...

LOL, I didn't notice the "not a hole in the crotch of your jeans," but I will go back and look now.
:) Glad you posted a photo of your beautiful self!

Anonymous said...

You said I was funny!? I haven't stopped laughing.
I love your BLOG! I can't wait to read the rest.
I also didn't notice the hole but I will go back and look, cause I'm wired that way.
Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Omg you are funny!! I didn't notice the hole either, but I too am going to go look. That's a fantastic picture. Thanks for giving us a visual of where all the great blogs are coming from. You are a hoot.