Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Vacation Activities

Well, today is the first day back at schoolwork this year...ugh! Today is also Ricardo's first day back at work after an 11 day vacation...ugh! Christmas vacation flew by entirely too fast. We did manage to have some fun though.

Normally, my boys spend most of their time together. They are pretty close. Peas in a pod, Ying to Yang, etc. They just truly enjoy each other so much. This is them playing Nintendo Ds together this week. So sweet.

But they also have their alone time. Cause, no matter how close you may be; everyone deserves a break now and then. During Christmas vacation, Ricardo scheduled a fishing trip with a guide for him and Blue eyes. It was a half day trip to catch catfish and learn some tricks of the trade so to speak. The guide was really nice. He even let ol blue eyes drive his pontoon boot. Talk about being in heaven! Blue eyes gets to drive our boat alot, but he enjoyed driving this one even more.
The fishing was pretty slow. But you know what they say, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work/school. They did catch two catfish though. This is the biggest catch of the day.

I think it is safe to say, that the fishing trip was a success. They might not have caught a lot of fish, but they had a great time. Wonderful memories were made.


While blue eyes and his dad were fishing, brown eyes and I went shopping. That's every little boys dream right?! ha! Actually he had a good time, as he got to pick out toys. He even picked out a toy for his brother. So thoughtful.
After our shopping trip, he played a little golf. (wii golf, that is.) I was running up and down stairs doing laundry. On one trip up, this is what I found:



LOL! Standing on the table to golf! I couldn't help laughing. Then I looked at the wii screen, the golfer was standing on a hill. Talk about becoming one with the game!




See all the toys and dogs surrounding him? Guess that is what them mean when they talk about the "hazzards" in golf. Ha!





He was having a grand ol time! As the game went on, the shots became a little more......unconventional, shall we say. I've never seen the pros hold their clubs like this before, during or after a shot.


Course, then came another hazzard. Mom said it was time to turn off the game. This is the reaction that I was met with:
I wonder if Tiger's parents ever got this look when it was time to put up the clubs?!!!
I'll have more tomorrow with Ricardo and I's vacation projects. We were pretty busy ourselves. I didn't even get a chance to wear the boots THIS week. But I'll have photos soon...very soon. :)

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice Christmas vacation Rusty! Tiger looked adorable, and Blue Eyes, what a natural at driving. He just looks so relaxed and grown up. Hope they got the teacher a really nice back to school present. :) Looking forward the boot story. Dont fall!! :) I am a little nervous for you I gotta say...I'd be laughing so hard I'd forget to look sexy.