Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random Thoughts n Tidbits

Here are just some random things that have happened to me this week and thoughts that have ran through my mind. None of this means anything, nor will it change your life. But as the subtitle says, "amusing anecdotes and irrelevant information"....





Sunday I went to the grocery store (as mentioned in one of my previous posts) I bought a bounty of Lean Cuisines. ( I mean a ridiculous amount!) As both my beloved Ricardo and I are attempting to eat healthier and lose a few lbs. While loading all my dinners on the runway belt, an elderly man behind me said: "Looks like someone is trying to lose some weight this year." I replied, "Yes! I have to lose 30 lbs before my doctor's appointment tomorrow. Do you think this will work?".... I promise you, he laughed so hard I thought he might need medical assistance. It was so sweet. (No, not that he might need medical assistance...that would be cruel!!) It was the way he laughed, it reminded me of how my late Grandma would laugh when we said something shocking in her presence..."Oh My!...Ha ha ha..." was always her response. Anyway, I think I brightened his day; and he made mine. I love to say things that shock people....in case you hadn't noticed.;)





Yesterday, I was wearing my velvet track suit. (You know the kind I'm talking about.) I had to go outside and do my all time favorite chore (La Poopa Scoopa). I didn't want to dirty my nice jacket, so I took it off and put on an old sweater. ( I'll spare you the Gorey details in between...no need to thank me!) When I was done, I came inside, took off my sweater and hung it up. Then I took my velvet jacket off the other hanger and put it back on. Is anyone else having a childhood flashback here?! It was truly a Mister Rogers moment! I laughed so hard. And then I started singing "could you be mine...would you be mine...won't you be my neighbor?...Hello Neighbor!" (I know....issues! But sometimes it' the little things in life that get you through the day.)





Last night, I was commenting to Ricardo how hard it has become to get the extra weight off. I feel as though I have been knocking myself out, and in return have hit a plateau. Dear, sweet, beloved Ricardo replied: "Well, that's what happens when you get old. It gets harder to lose the weight. So you're not only fighting stubborn pounds, you're fighting biology." LOL!!! I love my husband dearly, but sometimes when he speaks; I'm reminded of the Keith Whitley hit..."Yeah, you say it best....when you say nothing at all...." Oh well, he keeps me humble!:)



And lastly under the category of WTF...beloved Ricardo also informed me at lunch today that he weighed in this morning. He announced he has dropped 10lbs since SUNDAY!!!! 10 lbs in 4 days??!!! Who knew he was retaining so much water?!! ;)(NoteHe isn't even working out, just gave up Cokes and is doing Lean Cuisine!!!?!!!) Oh well, good for him! I'm happy to hear it!... I'm not bitter at all!!! In fact, I could do better than 10 lbs in 4 days if I really wanted to! I COULD drop 180 lbs in just one day.....but then I love my dear, sweet, husband too much to let him go! ;) Ohhhhh ha hah ha!!! Sorry, that smacked of sarcasm didn't it? Really, honey...I'm proud of you!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go hurl...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I hate trying to lose weight with Dave. It seems so much easier for him. I swear he pees and loses 5lbs.
Keep up the great work. It will come off.
Now I'm off to frost the cake to make him blow his diet

Jen said...

Your story about the little old man at the grocery store warmed my heart - for real. :)

Anonymous said...

Frost the cake...that's funny. I too loved the grocery store story. Old people are adorable. Sounds as if you need to stock up on frosted animal cookies for Ricardo.