Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Krazy for Krispy Kreme

I have always had a sweet tooth. (Actually, mine is sooo bad that it is technically sweet teeth...;) My sweet tooth has always been and will always be my downfall. I'm ashamed to admit: under duress- I would spill all kinds of secrets I was privy to for fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. THAT is what kept me out of the CIA...ha ha ha! Okay, that and IQ scores...but I digress!

Although I have long liked donuts (jelly being my fav) I never truly fell in LOVE with donuts until a few years ago. When we moved into the house where we live now, we discovered there was a Krispy Kreme store 20 minutes away. Long being a donut freak, loving husband Ricardo started occasionally picking up fresh baked Krispy Kremes on the weekends. We're talking fresh off the assembly line folks. Yummmmm!!!! We partook of these tasty little treats this weekend. Yep, I was a baaaad girl!!! And I don't regret it! In fact, I'm sure I'll do it again too....I may need to join some sort of support group!

For those of you who have never tried the Krispy Kreme donut- they are heavenly! They are addicting! Remember the commercial with the bird running around yelling..."I'm cookoo for Coco Puffs!" Well, "I'm Krazy for Krispy Kreme!!!" In fact, they inspired me to write the following poem of love....

KRAZY FOR KRISPY KREME...

Krispy Kreme... I love you so!!!
Though you turn my thighs into dough.
And my belly button... is now a donut hole.

No other donut has this power over me!
I love you in glazed, chocolate or creme.
I'd rather eat you, than Lean Cuisine!!!

Bits of frosting lingers on my lips,
Soon it will migrate to my hips.
Then the scale will give me fits!

Swimming season will soon be here.
It is causing me some fear!
Will I need to be ROLLED out there?!

Off to workout. Yep, I've been naughty!
But NEVER doubt my love for you.....
and your good friend Latte!!!

written with love on 1/19/2009
by....(burp)...Stacy D. Briefing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do NOT have Krispy Kreme in Maine:(
I had my first one just about 9 years ago. They had them at a grand opening of a furniture store. After I ate one I went running back to score another (I was very pg at the time) and a group of old men were standing around the table scarfing them down! Damn them!

Anonymous said...

You have officially lost it!... The cheese has slid off of the cracker. I too must say doughnuts are one of my weaknesses. I like the regular glazed doughnut holes and chocolate frosted doughnuts. KK glaze theirs though before frosting, and I don't care for that. They are so sweet, I have to stop at 4 so I don't get sick. :) Really

Jen said...

Unlucky (or maybe lucky,) for me the closest KK store is 2 hours away!
There used to be one right on I-35 on my route to Kiki's house in Norman, OK. Last time I went through there though, it was a Taco Johns.
The bastards.