Tuesday, March 30, 2010

That's what friends are for....

It took lunch with a couple of friends to realize, my problems are really small and insignificant compared to the plight that others are dealing with. Alright, so I have a husband who likes to have the latest and greatest techno gadgets. So what.



At least I have a husband who is faithful, who comes home every night, who loves me (although I will never know exactly why.) We have a home to live in, food to eat, our health. We have 2 beautiful children and 3 great dogs. Life is good.



If my husband wants a new phone, so what. Don't sweat the small stuff. I mean there are people out there with much bigger problems than mine. Like my 2 friends for instance.



The first one, has intimacy issues. Ever since I dumped him years ago for Ricardo, he hasn't been able to settle down. Bless his heart! He keeps wondering around aimlessly. Dating one woman after another, trying to fill the void in his heart. It's so pathetic. He tries to hide this void with a brave smile; but, I still know what he is feeling inside. And he's not getting any younger. The thought of him growing old, alone... Sometimes I just want to cry. But I can't fix others problems. Live and let live.



My second friend, God love him. Is a single parent.Trying to make ends meet. He has to worry about all the mouths he has to feed at home. And how he is some day going to put those little ones through college. The magnitude of his burdens, that I will never be able to comprehend in a million years.





I figure, if these two guys can get up day after day, face their huge problems and still smile-surely I with my minuit annonances can do the same. Thanks for helping me see the big picture guys. For Perspective. Forthe ability to count my blessings. I appreciate the talk!





Let's do lunch again soon....Real soon. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG YOU MAKE ME FU%#I*G LAUGH!!!!

So whats a new phone in the skeam of life

Jen said...

:)

kiki said...

I'd "do lunch" with them any day.
You, truly are a cornball