Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Everything Old is New Again...




Well we FINALLY closed on the refi today. Hoo-f'n-ray!!! Now our old house is newly financed. 20 more years and this baby is ours all ours. Be interesting to see if either is still standing that many years in the future. :)




The closing took 1 1/2 hours. Ugh! Course I'm married to "Mr. Contract". Read all the fine print. Ask all kinds of questions. Which is good I guess. I mean, ONE of us should understand what we are doing. :) But after the umpteenth time of stopping to ask a question, I told Mr. Contract that perhaps he was just over thinking this. He smiled, chuckled and admitted that perhaps I was right. We have 3 days to review everything and back out if needed.




I then sweetly said, that it's simple, if they tell us to sign-we sign. If they tell us to drink the kool-aid...we drink the kool-aid. The lawyer laughed so hard at that comment, I thought he would fall out of his chair. Almost as hard as my husband had to bite his tongue to keep from laughing when I said this while signing the numerous pages:




Referring to signing my name on documents as there were multiple signing spots for multiple applicants....




Me: (Asking lawyer)..."Now, Do you want me under him or beside him?"




At which point "Mr. Contract" became "Mr Horndog" and nudged me with his knee. I then looked over at him, saw his expression and then had to bite MY tongue to keep from howling at how Ricardo interpreted my innocent question. OMG!




We made it thru the closing with no other questions or bloopers. And barely 2 steps out of the lawyer's office, Ricardo informed me that since I was "under him" this morning, I could be on top tonight if I wanted.....To which I replied, "I'll have to read all the fine print first and then get back to you!"
We really should get out more....or perhaps less would be preferable to the general public. :)




3 comments:

kiki said...

Wow! What a huge relief!! Good for yall! I know you have been waiting and waiting on this moment.
Our closing of our first home Mick was so nervous he looked at the agent after we sat down and said "I need a beer." She said if you are serious, "there's an Oyster Bar next door, let's go." After we all laughed over a Corona or two, he clapped his hands, laughed and was ready to go. We never read one word. We figured it was a normal form and they weren't going to alter it for us. :) We just signed, turn the page, signed, turned the page.... He had to have been one of our Realtors favorite clients. That was a really fun day. I will always love and miss that house.
Congratulations again. It's nice to have a place to call home.

Jen said...

What a relief. :) Congrats on your refi!

Anonymous said...

ReFi's are tough. I shudder at the thought!