Thursday, March 18, 2010

Good for the Heart and Soles

As one who is always on the cutting edge of technology and fashion, (insert hysterical laughter here) today I am bringing you the latest and greatest invention of present time....



Skechers Shape-Ups fitness shoe.
As you can clearly see, they come in both men and women's sizes and styles. And as you can tell, Ricardo and I, being the ultra cool, hip people we are (insert more hysterical laughter) both have a pair.

Of course, these shoes are supposed to shape you up. Toning muscle, firming cellulite, correcting posture, etc. But may I say they are also OH SO COMFY!!! That 2" wedge is like walking on a marshmellow cloud! We both LOVE them!
We have been walking together in the evenings. 30 minutes. Just the two of us. No kiddos. No dogs. No distractions. Just two married people getting fit. Conversing. Laughing. Reconnecting.


These shoes not only have been wonderful for our soles....they've been wonderful for our souls as well! Any shoe that can keep both you and your marriage in tip top shape, is definitely something worth sharing with others. :)


5 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Note: If you decide to get a pair of these babies- do order a 1/2 size larger than you normally wear-as they run a bit smaller than usual athletic shoes. And as always, let me know what you think about them. :)

Jen said...

I just saw these on the Today Show this morning! I think I would love the added height!

Anonymous said...

Do you fall off of them? All I can think of is a platform shoe and me twisting my kankle.

kiki said...

I have considered them for a long time. Glad to hear someone likes them. I keep wondering what real people think....not just the reebok and sketcher ad thoughts. I'll let you know if I get them as well. Anything that helps promise to lift the ole bootie has my vote.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

I don't fall off of them. (And we all know I'm less than graceful- LOL!) They are really stable side to side. But, you learn real quick not to lean back too far-as the back heal is curved and doesn't touch the ground. Lean back too far...and you keep on a rollin. :)