Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Latest Poop

Slow newsweek around here. Getting ready for Spring, and all that entails. Have all the rose bushes trimmed back, trees pruned, pre-emergent down on the ground, have "spot killed" weeds, cleaned and readied the pool and purged the house of junk....all fascinating stuff I know. But, that's just how we roll at Casa De Excitement.



With ANY luck we will close on the refi next week. (Says the girl who claimed we would be closed by now.) But patience is a virtue....I've got to get me some of that someday! I'm hoping we get to close next week. Ricardo's car had to go to the shop...cha-ching so am hoping that the mortgage payment we should get to skip in April will offset the repair/maintenance costs that we just had to cover in March . It's always something isn't it?!

Maestro is recouping just fine from his ballectomy. He is back to nibbling on un-nibbling items again. Among these, one of the posts on my banister. I firmly scolded him and said if I caught him chewing on it ONE MORE TIME I would return him to the vet to have something else removed. I don't know what, but doesn't matter, I think I got my point across. Pups and children.....their a lot of work, but their worth it. ;)



Finally, and most importantly, In keeping with the title of my post, let me say that last week we did our follow up appointment with the Gastro Doc. Little Brown Eyes had a complete bloodwork-up done (again) as well as stool samples. (TMI?) And today we got the reports back. I am pleased as punch to announce they found NOTHING wrong/amiss/peculiar going on. Can I get a Woo-Hoo?! They tested for everything from proteins to parasites , Celiac Disease, to you name it. I think we pretty much turned over every stone....nothing lurking underneath. Woo-Hoo! (It bears repeating! :) We do another follow up appointment in June just to re-check. But, am beyond thrilled that it seems my child is just....small. And as we all know, some of life's greatest gifts come in small packages. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

3 comments:

kiki said...

Here's to the little people!! I too am vertically challenged. He's going to love the world from down here around 5 feet. It's a wonderful view. So glad he's ....just small. :) THAT is an okay problem to have.
xoxo

Jen said...

What wonderful news. It sounds like everything is turning out well! SO HAPPY that Brown Eye's doc appt had such wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

My daughter Chrissy is 11 and she is 4'2 and weighs 68lbs. Her sister who is 9 is 4'4 and weighs 70lbs. Chrissy tells people she's not small she's fun size. (Which her dad hates because of the double meaning but can't explain that to her)
So happy your little guy is A-OK!