Thursday, March 4, 2010

Medical Mystery, Headcold and Stupidity....Oh My!!!

*The following is a true story of why medical mystery novels, headcold and ditzy do not mix.*

As aforementioned, I have a headcold. And have recently discovered Michael Palmer medical suspense novels. And we all know that I'm a ditz. Now there is medical proof that the 3 should not be mixed.

I started reading another Michael Palmer book, "Silent Treatment." Oh so suspenseful. I love supsense books; but, they make me very, very nervous. Last night I took my NyQuil, snuggled under the covers and read my latest guilty pleasure until my eyes got groggy. Then I dozed off to sleep. At some point in the early morning hours, my NyQuil wore off. The head congestion came back, and my ears started that high pitched ringing sound. You know the one- the kind that only the person with the headcold and neighborhood dogs can hear. Anyhow, because I'm such a ditz, in my sleep...I thought the ringing sound was my monitor, and that I had flatlined. I gasped and sat bolt upright in bed. My heart was beating a million miles an hour.-Thank goodness! -Proof that I had indeed NOT flatlined. Then, I was so relieved and somehow amazed at my own level of ditz that I started to giggle.

Darling husband Ricardo, awoke to the sound of my giggles and asked what was going on. I then explained what had happened and we both had a good laugh. Then dozed back off to sleep.

Upon awaking this morning, Ricardo asked how I was feeling. I said that the ringing was gone, but now my ears were making that popping sound. Giggling again, I said that thanks to this book at some point today, I am sure that I will hear my ears popping and stop, drop and roll- thinking it is gunfire. We both busted up laughing again.

All of the aforementioned leads me to believe, that I don't need to read medical suspense novels, or have a doctor's opinion to declare myself legally brain dead. LOL! :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Stacy, you are TOO MUCH. You always make me laugh!