Monday, March 29, 2010

Things we are NOT going to talk about today...

Turns out Ricardo has found the one thing that the Apple iphone does NOT have an app for...dropping it in the bottom of the frickin lake!!!! UGH!!! And that is all I'm going to say about that.





I'm just going to say that accidents happen.





I'm not going to say that perhaps one should be a little more careful with their things.





Or, that there is such a thing as learning responsibility.





I'm also not going to say that parents should teach their children responsibility. Because it sets a pattern for life. For example: Growing up if I would have left my bike out and someone stole it, I definitely would not have gotten a new one. I would have had to have gone without. (Unlike, say when husband lost bike and got a new one....)





Nope. I'm not going to talk about that.





What I am going to talk about is the EXCEPTION to the rules of responsibility. Like how if you NEED something (ie: for work) you MUST get a replacement (of equal or greater value) for the item that you lost. No matter the cost. I was not aware of this exception to the rule. But I am now.





Apparently, if YOU NEED something for work, you HAVE to get a replacement. You can't get a cheap replacement either. Oh nay! It must be top of the line so that you can do your job properly and communicate with you fellow workers.





Hmmmmmm...





I too have a job. My job is very important as well. I'm on call 24/7/365 My job is being a wife and stay at home mom. I don't have a title, but if I did...it would be El Presidente of Domesticity.


And as President, I too have NEEDS.





Hmmmmm....



I wonder if I also went to the aforementioned lake. If I too accidentally dropped my wedding ring into the dark, murky, bottomless waters...that would require me to get a replacement of equal or greater value as well wouldn't it?!!!Girls, meet my upgraded exception.






I'm thinking that if perhaps I had the kahunas to do something like this, it would be the end of the exception rule. It would also most certainly help me communicate a message of great importance to my fellow workers. The message of responsibility. And accountability. And perhaps even keep future accidents from happening.






But alas, we are definitely not going to talk about that....But a girl can dream. ;)






























2 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

*NOTE* No husbands were harmed in the making of this post. No lectures were given. I'm not even angry. I'm just sayin.... :)

kiki said...

Ooooh...Ricky......

Nice bling by the way....even if only to dream.