Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Sister

Happy Birthday to one of the most talented, generous, kind hearted, gorgeous, intelligent, charming and enchanting people on planet earth- My little sister.





As a baby, I got to feed you bottles and teach you silly games. I remember playing with you for hours. I would go into your room early in the morning. I was never allowed to get you out of the crib, so I would just put a pillow under your head and cover you up, making sure you were comfy cozy. Then I would talk to you or read to you, until it was time for you to be fed. You were like were my very own "live doll." You always had a smile on your face, so either I was very entertaining to you-or even at a young age you were extremely polite....we'll go with polite. ;) I soooo wanted to drop out of school rather than attend second grade, because I didn't want to be away from you. ( You probably don't remember the conversation we had about that, you were pretty young at the time. ) I guess it's good that I continued my education, cause I had a lot more to teach you....







When you were a youngster, I remember showing you the ropes. I would push your little "eggmobile" around the backyard for you when you couldn't maneuver it very well...until one day you were doing it yourself. We played on the swing set together until you could slide on your own and swing like a pro. And lets not forget the always useful, "how to clean your plate trick." I believe that came in handy more than once. ;)













When I was a teenager, I remember helping you with homework. ( Amazingly, you still passed. :) I also recall giving you much useful advice....okay, advice. As the older sister, I also paved the road of mistakes and wild behavior; thereby, making your teen years much easier by comparison. (No need to thank me. ;) Not that I needed to, you were always a good egg....






You are one of the sweetest memories of childhood that I have. It was an honor to do time with you...I mean spend time with you, while we were doing time...or something like that. Anyway, I'm glad we always had each other's back. I'll always be your wingman-whatever, whenever, forever. Also,...Even though we are grown, you will always be my favorite cellmate,... I mean sibling. :)





Although I am older, you far surpass me in every other aspect. Your prettier, classier, more refined, more generous, more talented, more... well, everything. (except- perhaps funnier....or maybe... not even that! ;) You are extraordinary! I marvel at how exceptional you are....




Your humanitarian nature and efforts are to be applauded. Your talent in your profession is awe inspiring. Your grace under pressure is like none I have ever witnessed before. You are one of the kindest, most generous, loveable people I have ever known. And one of the most beautiful also. Your physical beauty is only rivaled by the beauty of your soul....





Yet, with all that you are...I don't feel even an ounce of sibling rivalry. Nope, not one iota. I Never have. I Never will. I am, as I have always been, honored to call you my sister. Blessed that you are also my friend....






So on this special day, of your 29th year...;)....I wish you for you, what you have given to so many others: happiness, utter joy, peace, bliss, friendship and above all else, I wish you Love. I love you. I will always love you......




Wait!!! Is anyone else singing Whitney Houston in their head about right now? Oh man. That just won't do at all! I would hate to end this beautiful, celebratory blog with that song stuck in your head all day. I couldn't live with myself if I did that. But I could live with myself if I did this.....












Ta.. Ran... Ta... Rah....,Ta....Ran...Ta....Rah....,Ta ran ta rah, Ta ran ta rah,Ta ran ta rah, Ta ran ta raaaah, Ta-Ran-Ta-Rah!!!!




I can definately live with THAT. Yep, Funnier...that's all I've got. ;) Happy Birthday Sweet Sister! I love you!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've met her, she IS all that and a bag of chips!!! Happy Birthday to your fabulous sister!

Shenida B. Sainted

Anonymous said...

A special thank you to your sister- for all you do to make our quality of life so much better. We all love you! Happy Birthday!!!

Farrell Katz

Jen said...

What a wonderful way to sum up Kiki.

Aren't we lucky, Stacy, to have her in our lives?

Happy Birthday dear friend!

Anonymous said...

How LOVELY!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday KIKI!



My word is BLAPTO

kiki said...

Thank you. I don't know that kinder words have ever been said. Thank you isn't nearly enough when someone you love and admire so much says they feel the same about you, but thank you is all I know to say. :)
I enjoyed doing time with you too. I mean spending my childhood....poo poo ... you make me laugh ....still :)
xoxo