Wednesday, July 29, 2009

He's Just Not that into You...

Ricardo and I watched a movie on DVD this weeekend. "He's Just not that into You." Over the course of the last several days, I have watched it 2 more times. Can't say enough good things about this flick. It appealed to me on so many different levels. First of all it made me glad that I was no longer dating. For the obvious reasons, as well as the fact that I am so technologically challenged. Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, E-mail, Voicemail, Texting...whew! So many different ways for me to make an ass out of myself, it would be astounding....or perhaps that would be ASStounding.

Then, I had several issues with Scarlett J's character in the film. Actively pursuing a married man?!! Guess it's because I would NEVER make advances towards a married man. NEVER! Oh, and did I happen to mention NEVER?!!! I have always been the kind of girl who would never even date a friend's old ex-boyfriend out of respect for the friend. It's taboo in my book. So a married man?....puhleeeze!

Which brings me to Bradley Cooper's Character, he was the married man. (Wonderfully acted by the way.) I watched the film 2 more times to try to get a grasp on whether he was really torn about cheating on his wife, really in love with Scarlett, or just using any means necessary to get out of a marriage he felt trapped in.

Which brings me to Brad's film wife, Jennifer Connolly. Wow! She did great in this role. Thought she nailed the whole suspicious thing perfectly. I think you do just know instinctively when something is going on. And her emotions were acted out so honestly. I loved it.

And Ginnifer Goodwin,....forgetaboutit!!! She was a scream! Who hasn't been THAT girl?!!! Loved her!!!

I wish this book had been out when I was dating. Could have saved me so many anxious hours of waiting by the phone, rehashing conversations over and over in my mind until I could just scream, and wondering in general WHY things didn't work out. "He's just not that into you", such a simple statement; yet, sooooo enlightening !!!

The movie itself was great to sit and watch with your significant other. It opens up all kinds of dialogue. I laughed out loud when the two friends sitting on a bench were talking about getting dumped so skillfully that you thought it was your own idea. Haaaa! I told Ricardo how I had guys say: "You're just too nice." "You're the kind of girl that a guy marries, and I'm just not ready for that yet." and misc. other b.s. He told me, how guys say all kinds of things so that they don't appear rude, or hurt a girl's feelings. The whole "It's not you, it's me" thing. It was cool to see both sides of the same situation. We had a good laugh or two. And some serious conversation arose as well....

Believe you me, we had a looooong talk when Ricardo innocently said "The girlfriend is waaaay hotter than the wife." Exxxxsqueeze me?!! WTF?!! You better believe I pushed pause and got to the bottom of THAT comment right then and there. Was he condoning cheating as long as the girlfriend was hotter? Did he realize he was so utterly close to meeting his maker?! I'm glad to report that he was NOT condoning any such thing. He saw the gigantic, ginormous error of that comment. His thought/don't speak filter has been tuned up and his manhood is still intact and in good working order. Although he will have to leave it at home with me in the future when ever he is out on his own. ;) LOL!

Anyway, give me your opinion of this film? What did you like best about it? What could you relate to? Or if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it. Better yet, watch it with someone you're dating, thinking about dating, or married to. It's great to see what conversation develops. In case you haven't seen it, I've attatched the movie trailor below. Enjoy....


Share

5 comments:

Jen said...

Trav and I liked that movie too.

Like you, I think it would have been nice to have that 411 when I was back in the dating scene, too.

And forgive me, but I agree with Ricardo - the girlfriend really WAS way hotter. :)

For the record, I don't condone cheating either - homely wife or not! haha.

*...please be willing to see the tongue in cheek humor.*

Anonymous said...

We just watched it that movie.
I DON'T EVER WANT TO BE SINGLE AGAIN!
At first Dave was like this is painful but in the end we both liked it.
The cheaters wife had not had sex with her husband in a long time. That was so sad when she said it. No one ever believes when they are first starting out that marriage is the hardest thing you will ever do in your life. You have to work at it.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the other woman was hot...

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Okay, maybe she was a LITTLE hotter,... in a totally misguided "who-er" without a conscious kind of way. ;)

Remind me never to send Ricardo to her neighborhood market after dark. Oy!

kiki said...

Can't believe I was out of town during girlie movie gab session. I love girlie movie gab sessions! I'll watch it and get back with you all. :)