Friday, August 21, 2009

Feeling Like Joe Pesci Today

Ricardo and I are always quoting moving lines or t.v. lines back and forth to each other. Whenever anything "awkward" comes up from our past dating lives, we will yell "We were on a BREAK!!!" (Friends) ANYTIME I put oven mitts on my hands, I always wiggle my fingers and say...."Pot Roast!" (Blast From the Past) When I'm feeling goofy for no reason, I will mutter "Oh,Tofutti. Tofutti Kline." (Overboard.) It makes me giggle. And when I'm feeling angry or disgruntled about something, I refer to yours truly up above. I love me some Joe Pesci!!!



So...We got our new homeowners insurance rates today. Have had the same insurance company since 1995. Never a single claim. Every year, we get our new rates. Every year they start off with the same greeting:





Dear Valued Customer....



Then they go on to inform us of our rates for the upcoming year. Always higher. ALWAYS!!!...Never a letter stating, "Since you are such excellent customers, with a long history with this company, who have never filed a claim-we are lowering your rates. We appreciate you!"(Okay, so they probably wouldn't type a run on sentence like that. It would be a little more grammatically correct....but you get my meaning.)...Also, I can't even imagine how much they would hike up our rates if we ever did actually need to file a claim....but I digress.



Anyhow, I also got an online quote from my little lizard friend...he was actually higher than our existing policy. Wow! So was another person who claims we would be in good hands.



So, to sum it all up....Homeowners for several years, never had a claim, house in excellent condition....rates going up, cause we are such valued customers. In the spirit of Joe and the Lethal Weapon Movies, may I just say my observation is this:



"THEY F*@% YOU AT THE DRIVE THRU!!!!!!"



Thank you very much. I now return you to your previous internet surfing website....

3 comments:

Jen said...

I like Joe Pesci a lot. But then again, any Italian or Sicilian guy who looks like he could be a member of the mafia does it for me.
Call me crazy.

kiki said...

You are too funny!!
Thank you for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!
I hear ya
Overboard is one of my all time favorites!
Of course I like to holler STELLLA to