Monday, June 1, 2009

Grace Personified

Have you ever seen someone who is so graceful and poised that they can make even the simplest movement look like it's choreographed? My sister is that way. She's taken dance for years. She is graceful. She is how they say "Poetry in Motion."

Me,...not so much. Take Friday for instance. Was going downstairs with the ancient one and Ella. Jodi was choking and struggling for breath so bad, I stopped 1/2 way down to check on her. I double checked her collar, rubbed her throat, gave a few words of encouragement, and then turned to finish walking down the stairs.

And then....I FELL down the stairs. Yep. Grace Personified. Landed on my left arm. Instant swelling. Too swollen to hurt much at the time. Today though, I got some really nice coloration going. Purdy, Purdy!!

I have a feeling that as the graceful one ages, things are just going to get worse. I'm getting to "THAT" age you know. The whole brittle boned, would be cheaper to put her down than fix it, wear the life alert button around my neck, "Help! I've fallen and can't get up!" age.

Other than a little embarrassment, no harm was done. At least I didn't break anything. Although, maybe that's my niche. I too could be a dancer....a BREAK dancer!

2 comments:

kiki said...

Omg that's horrible! Yet I laughed my head off! :) You even make pain funny. Glad you are ok, a little worried about your old and winded dog though I gotta say. :( Did you get whip lash from looking around to see who saw and then jumping up? Makes it hard to believe kids fall on purpose and then bing back up. I too feel old. You guys should add one of those chairs that hook to the wall and go up and down stairs. Your old girl could ride it. Or, you for safety, whichever.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

LOL! Love the chairlift idea!!! Jodi and I (and boys) would be battling who gets to ride 1st. Or maybe she could just sit on my lap. :) Aging sucks!!! (But it sure beats the alternative!!!)