Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Brown Eyes!!!

Today is yet another very special day in our household. Seven years ago today, I was blessed with my second son. My youngest. Beautiful Brown Eyes. This little guy is my living proof that you can love your second child every bit as much as you do your firstborn. My heart had been saving a special spot, just for him all along.


Brown Eyes is every bit as much of a blessing as his brother is. He is also just as much loved.

I must say, my two boys are very different in personalities. But, both are as equally wonderful.

When I knew I was pregnant with my second child, I had hoped I would get another son. One who would be an ornery, mischievous bit of goods. My prayers were answered.


Brown Eyes likes to live his life on the wild side. He is all about taking risks. He also says exactly what he feels, when he feels it, he doesn't sugarcoat it, and you never have to doubt that he meant it. I admire those qualities in him. I wouldn't try to change them, even if I could.

He's a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy. Some days are more adventurous than others; but, every day is an adventure just the same. He is sweet and loving one minute. Comical and ornery the next.


Brown Eyes can make me laugh like no other! He's definitely got his Momma's twisted sense of humor.




He's also got his Momma's temper, bless his little heart! But unlike me, this little guy is worth the extra effort, even on those trying days. :) He's extremely loving, exceptionally smart, and very good at heart. He's just a good egg I tell ya! (Who knew I could be capable of producing two of those top notch, quality eggs???!!! )




So here's to my youngest, Beautiful Brown Eyes!!! Your smile makes my heart melt, my eyes misty, and my arms ache to embrace you always. The very sound of your sweet little laugh makes my soul soar and my day complete. I love you more than words can say. I will love you even more tomorrow than I do today. I am so lucky to be your Mom! I hope that all your wishes and dreams come true; because, that's the gift you and your brother have given to me.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brown Eyes! I hope your day is great!

kiki said...

Thank goodness you only have two children. I don't need another good cry. Hope your day is perfect.
Happy Birthday Brown Eyes. You are a gorgeous little boy.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Brown Eyes!