Monday, June 22, 2009

Got Bread?

I got ambitious this weekend. I know from the picture below you might think I was like Jethro Bodine (The Beverly Hillbillies) and just had me a large bowl of oatmeal chock full of nuts ..... Every time I use this bowl I think of him and his appetite, but I digress. I didn't eat this much. And this isn't oatmeal. I made up a batch of Banana Nut Bread.

As you can see from this picture, when I make up Banana Nut Bread-I make a lot!!! You can also probably guess why from looking at the below picture.
I barely get this yummy concoction out of the oven, and someone is already cutting into it and sampling the goods. Although, I'm not mentioning any names... (Ricardo.)
If any of you have some bananas sitting around needing a new purpose in life, or if you want to make up a delicious treat for the family- the recipe is below. And as you know, I'm no chef, so it's a given that this recipe is easy. :) Enjoy!!!
BANANA NUT BREAD:
2 C sugar
2/3 C butter
4 eggs
8 bananas
3 C flour
2 tsp soda
2 tsp salt
Chopped Nuts of your choice
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add flour, soda and salt-mix well. Mash in bananas and add the nuts-again mixing well. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake @ 35o for around 1hour (give or take depending on your oven.)
(** Special Editor's Note-It's worth mentioning, this recipe does not contain MILK of ANY sort- **private joke/bittersweet smile and tears inserted here.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Or if I was Rachel Ray I'd say Yum-O!

Auds at Barking Mad said...

I think I just died and went to Banana Bread heaven. I bet your house smelled absolutely amazing. One of my favourite things is hot banana bread right out of the oven slathered with either butter or cream cheese.

*sigh*

kiki said...

Ok, how stupid, but the milk joke just gave me a really good cry. Those laughs are hard to say goodbye to aren't they? Thanks for the reminder of that fun memory. They still mean a lot.