Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Let Summer Begin!!!

We FINALLY finished up with this year's school work. Can I get a HALLELUJAH??!!! Or at the very least a YEEHAW???!!!

This year was an interesting year teaching two children instead of just one. But we all survived and learned alot in the process. I learned that I need to have more alcoholic beverages on hand. Purely for teaching the youngest mathematics...If Mommy has 6 beers and drinks 1, how many are left? LOL! Just joking.

It will be a shorter summer than usual, due to us running 3 weeks late with our schooling.(flu days, field trips, etc.) I will be adjusting schedules for next year accordingly. I found it takes a little longer when teaching two children separately. However, if all goes well-we will finish up school next year in May!!

Big Changes are coming. Next year brown eyes will be learning to read, and blue eyes will be starting high school (a year early.) Can't even wrap my head around that yet. But I don't have to. The next 8 weeks or so, I'm just going to concentrate on relaxation and showing the boys a good summer. Swimming, movie watching, Wii playing, fishing, field trips and book reading. Yeah!!! I love summer!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

High school? High school? Say it isn't so!

Ya know, I wondered when you mentioned he would be reading Robinson Crusoe - that is a difficult book to read and I was thinking that it would be tough for a grade school student. Apparently I am on crack - I would have never guessed Blue Eyes on the verge of high school.

Are you sure? High school? For real?

Blue Eyes should've stayed 10 forever. :) I wish Matt would have.

Anonymous said...

Because of everything with my mom we will be home schooling all summer.


my word is blogr

kiki said...

high school? Sweet blue eyes. Wow time flies