Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Shoes and Heartache

I never thought a new pair of shoes would make my heart ache. A new pair of shoes is great! It's a happy, wonderful thing! Except....when you are buying new shoes for your : Rapidly growing eldest son. Then it is a little heartwrenching. Then you get all misty eyed because your little baby is growing up....into a MAN!!! That once little foot that you held and played "this little piggy with" is now THIS:

A size 8 MAN'S shoe!!!!! I'm not joking! My 12 year old has had a bit of a growth spurt lately. He's getting taller, broader through the shoulders and his widdle biddy feet are, well... not so iddy biddy anymore! Oh my heart!!!


Son, get your weeping mom a tissue will you?! And while your at it....promise me you won't grow up too fast...and that you'll stay my sweet little blue-eyed boy forever and ever, and ever....



Alright, so I can't stop him from growing up too quickly. And he won't be my little boy forever. I do realize he will one day soon be a man. But....I have a feeling, he'll always be sweet!!! And THAT makes my heart stop aching and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love you sweet boy...um, sweet little man....enjoy the new shoes!!! (I have a feeling we'll be needing another new size before you know it!)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome! His feet are Huge!!!!!!! I think they look so big because he is so skinny.

Jen said...

I've begged my kids to stop growing, but it was for nothing. They won't do it.

I remember a few years ago, maybe when Matt was 8 or 9, I told him that I would give him $10,000 to stay that age forever. He agreed and I wrote him a check. Travis found it in Matt's room and FREAKED OUT. He ripped it up and told me "THAT'S NOT FUNNY!" :) It was just a joke...

Jen said...

BTW, I have NEVER had $10,000 in ANY account. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh jen. you make me laugh. Try that Stace. Just write him a big ole fat check.