Thursday, February 26, 2009

MY FAVORITE THINGS TODAY-COURTESY OF MOTHER NATURE

Oh what a beautiful moooorning.....Ohhhhh what a beee-u-t-ful daaaaaayyyy! I tell ya it's the little things in life that will sometimes get you through the day. Take for instance, the first signs of spring. Notice the budding/blooming of this Bradford Pear tree: It means spring is coming-and right soon! Yeah!!! Course, it also means we'll probably have one more really harsh freeze since everything is starting to bloom so nice and pretty. But as Scarlett says..."I'll worry about that another day!"


Here's another of the "BPtree"-just love the bark on this tree. I also love how the branches look so big and strong, while the buds and leaves are so tiny and delicate at the same time. Nature's own little oxymoron.



And I must thank nature for cooperating with me today, by giving me this wonderful backdrop on my BPtree photos. Look at this sky will ya?! So crisp, clear, with the big billowy clouds. Gorgeous!!!


Speaking of things that are gorgeous:




Okay, so it's not there...yet! But LOOK there are LEAVES coming back on my rose bushes!!!





Even THIS one!!! I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see these little guys trying so hard to "spring" back to life for me!!! I love you too sweet little rose bushes! Roses, another oxymoron. How can something so delicate as a rose be so tough and hardy?! I shan't question it...I shall just enjoy and marvel in it.


This last photo, is for little brown eyes. THIS one makes him happy. He loves lizards. And he's been waiting patiently all winter to see these little guys again.






Hello sweet little lizard!!! Hello Spring!!! Hello roses and blooming trees!!!! We missed you ALL so very, very much!!!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's nice. I am soo ready for spring. Keep the tails on the lizards this year huh brown eyes? :) What a strong rose bush! Wait until Ella and Harlow see it mouthing off. I am sure there will be trouble.

Jen said...

Oh, this gives me hope! Seeing your trees bud means that it should only be about a month until mine are doing the same.
I Have serious Spring Fever!!