Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ella's Outdoor Hobby

For those of you who don't know it, I have 4 dogs. Yes...4! I love all my dogs. Each and every one brings something unique and wonderful to the mix. But, that being said...I must say....Sweet Ella is my absolute, hands down, all time favorite. Is that wrong? Are you not supposed to have a favorite dog? It may be wrong, but I can't help it! This....um, little(?) girl has stolen my heart! She captured it from the moment I first laid eyes on her, and she won't let go! To know her is to love her. In fact, she's everyone's favorite. She's like the most popular girl in school....except she's nice. HaaaaaaaHaaaaa! (Sorry, obviously a past issue rearing it's ugly head....)
She's still a puppy, so she has a lot of growing yet to do. There is still a lot of puppy phase to grow through as well. We made it through the potty training phase, we made it through the teething phase, now we have entered the rambunctious phase. We went through this phase with Harlow as well. But Ella, Have mercy! I have TRIED to prepare for this phase and keep her entertained while she is outdoors. "Ella, go get your toy..."

Ella: "Let me go find it...Do you mean THIS one?"

"Yes, Ella! Would you like to play with your Kong stuffed with peanut butter?"
Ella: "No thanks!"
"Okay, Ella. How about your tire toy or the football you confiscated from the boys?"

Ella: "Oh, you mean those old toys....no thank you."


"Hmmmm. How about the tennis ball? Do you want to play fetch?"





Ella: "That ol' thing. No. Been there. Done that."





"Alright, let's see....how about the basketball you confiscated from the boys as well. You like to run around with that in your mouth. Does that sound like fun?!"
Ella: " No. I've grown weary of all the ball sports. They are all soooooo last season"
"Well, sweet Ella girl, WHAT would you like to do? What would make your outdoor time more fun than a barrel of monkeys?"

Jodi: "Tune in tomorrow folks to see what that crazy pup has done now! I can't believe my eyes! I've seen a lot in 13 years, but NOTHING has prepared me for THIS!"





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Come On! You can't leave me hanging!!!! I need to know.
Our dog chewed or popped four balls over the weekend. None of them were his.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jodi. Such a good girl. I can't wait. Hope it's not worse than when only Harlow and Ella saw a beaver sneak in the yard and eat your trees blog. I have to admit, I am a little concerned. :) Soon she can swim off her excess energy. It's getting warmer.