Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wife's Tennis Humor

Dear hubby, Ricardo had a tennis tournament today. He had to get up early on a Saturday to play, while his family slumbered. He texted me between matches. This is an honest to goodness text conversation between us. With the extra sleep I got, my humor is in rare form today. Good thing Ricardo is a patient man. :)

Ricardo: Survived that first set.
Me: Way to go McEnroe!

Later in the day:
Ricardo: Heading to the semi finals now.
Me: Go kick some Ass SampRAS!

Then he texted me that he had lost in semi-finals
Ricardo: Got Ass kicked. Done
Me: So first place is a gonner Jimmy Connors! Your still #1 with me Agassi!

Then, just to help lighten his mood and remind him of what was still in store for him this weekend, I sent him the following:

Yard getting thick n tall Nadal!
Come use the mowa" Maria Sharapova!
Edge it quick Rodderick!
Better hurry Andy Murray!
Make it look better Boris Becker!

He texted back..."funny!"He doesn't find my humor as witty as I do sometimes. Do you think he may be "Bjon Borg"...I mean beyond bored with me?! It's not my "fault!"
....I just maka myself laugh, Steffi Graff!!!

Being married to me must sometimes seem like he is "serving" time. The longest match of his career! :) To which I say, Welcome to Wimbledon Baby!!! I "luv" you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. My husband would have shut off his phone.

kiki said...

LOL!!!
You two both make me laugh.
Men aren't much on texting or detail. I am proud he wrote back "funny". That's a big effort for a boy. I am sure he smiled and shook his head while he read them if that makes you feel better. :) As for us girls, we all think you are funny. So it's either true, or we are a "little off" as well. Either way, you are in good company.