Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Play" Time

Been an interesting week around here. Poor little brown eyes has had an off and on case of the up-chucks. Feels fine. No fever. Then awakes in the middle of the night sick. Which leads to the question, WHY is it that children always get sick in the early morning hours before the dawn?! NEVER in the middle of the afternoon on a slow Tuesday per chance? Hmmmm. A question for the ages I guess.









On the flip side of the coin, Brown eyes has recently taken imagination playtime to a whole new level. It's HYSTERICAL!!! He moves the little people around and has some pretty interesting scenarios. Oh, and he also NARRATES while he's playing. Cracks me up to no end!!! For example, ahem....


"Molly walks into the room, turns to the right, and then says to Johnny...."


As he is setting up the scenarios and narrating, he is also moving the play people to the right, etc. It is like watching a Woody Allen movie or something. (Perhaps he will grow up to be a play write?!)


Just for grins, I have started narrating my own scenes. For example, at dinner time I say something like:


"Mommy makes a plate, turns, and tries to make it to the table without dropping it. She smiles and hands the plate to her little boy." (insert smile here.)


Of course, it makes him smile and laugh as well at the silliness of it all. :)


Which upon reflection, leads me to this...

Mommy stops and thinks aloud to herself:


"These are the types of memories that you will always hold dear to your heart, long after your children are grown."


Mommy then starts to tear up....exit, stage left.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have one of those also. I aways know when I'm being nasty to the girls because they repeat everything I've been saying to them! It's a real eye opener. Dane likes it to. He calls them "My peoples"

kiki said...

Sweet boy. Sorry he is sick, was sick. You are such a fun mom