Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lofty Idea becomes reality!

I just want to thank everyone for being so supportive during my lofty ideas and efforts to achieve the perfect master suite. You've been wonderful! You've offered advice, listened to me ramble on and on, looked at endless photos, etc. As someone who just had a boxspring and mattress sitting on the ground until a few years ago when we sprang for a $30 bedframe and mismatched accessories-this has been quite an adventure for me! I must seem like a spoiled child with a new toy. So thank you for being so indulgent with me!!! I promise, I'm almost done!

A while back I took a survey to see if ya liked the brick wallpaper idea. I get these "design inspirations" from time to time. Visions. Ideas of Grandeur. Hallucinations during my drunken stupors that I think might be fabulous. But I also like to get second opinions occassionally. Because, let's face it, even sober....I'm kinda "out there." :) I know not everyone has the same tastes in decor (or drinks.) That's what makes us such fascinating individuals! But I value your opinions greatly; because most of YOU are sober...just joking! I don't know whether you are sober or not. I can only speak for myself. And I'm sure I have driven you all to drinking by now. But I digress....


Anyhow, here again is the lofty idea paper in question:



Everyone thought it might be a cool idea to try. Girls, I gotta say: We are genious!!!



For my birthday, I had the one wall done in the bedroom. Here is an up close of the way it wraps around the window and butts up against the other walls:


And THIS is how it looks across the entire wall behind the marital bed:
I really LOVE, LOVE it! It turned out better than I even imagined. (Speaking of imagination, I sometimes pretend I am in a trendy Chicago loft overlooking Wrigley Field or in my New York flat on the upper West side. :)



Thanks again for all your advice, support, and patience! I promise to return the favor one day!




2 comments:

Jen said...

That looks so COOL! I want my bedroom to look like that, too!!!

kiki said...

That looks perfect. You have quite the eye girlene.