Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Story of Two Siblings

We found an old tree today while we were communing with nature. I'm showing you this close up. It looked really cool to me. Then after we were done playing all over the rest of the tree, I was HOPING this wasn't poison ivy, poison oak.......do you know?! Guess we'll find out! Should have joined girl scouts, I'd know this stuff...but they spent too much time outdoors,... in tents,.... at jamborees... and other stuff for my liking. But I digress. Anyhow on to the story.....My boys are about as different in personalities as the flip side of a coin. This one here, my eldest, ol blue eyes. He stole my heart before he was even born. Couldn't love him more if I tried! To this day, he has been the most easy going, gentlest soul I've ever known. So patient! Never caused me a moments trouble. I know we haven't hit our teen years yet; but ,I truly don't think I'll have any problems from this one....

Now for the flip side of the coin.....


This little guy, he's gonna be the death of me! He has NO patience, his temper is a force to be reckoned with , and he has a ridiculously funny sense of humor! ( I don't know where he got those traits from! :) I couldn't love him more either!....But man alive, he keeps me on my toes! I would bet money his teen years won't be as trouble free:) He got new shoes today.....



Had to see how far off the tree he could jump in them. Good distance son! Now, be a good boy and come help momma jumpstart her heart again!! OY!


After a few minutes exploring the tree, these two sat down for some sibling discussion. Quite a common occurance in our house. Can't you almost hear the giggles?...




They may have different personality types, but they couldn't love each other more if they tried! And despite (or maybe because of ) the six year age difference they are as close (if not closer) than two peas in a pod.....my 2 sweet peas you might say! :)


Notice my eldest son listening intently to his brother telling a funny story....Could they BE any cuter?!!!




Watch the body language. They lean closer towards each other as the story gets more in depth.....






This story is some funny and fascinating stuff!! Who knew a six year old could weave such a tale?! They were just getting to the grand finale.....







When they realized Mom was snapping their photos! Guess the end of THAT story will have to wait til later.


I hope they always share stories and secrets. I hope as they grow up they will always be as close as this. And I hope that they will always remember all the moments like these.I know I will. And I will cherish them always!!! I love you both with all my heart!!!!















2 comments:

Jen said...

You truly have two remarkable children. They are both beautiful and lovable! I especially loved the photos of browneyes telling the story to blueeyes. You really captured a darling moment there.

Anonymous said...

Aw! That's a nice tale. Everybody needs a best friend. Glad you made them one. :) You REALLY will do anything to help.