Saturday, November 15, 2008

First Outing with New Camera

In case you haven't heard, (which is doubtful, because I've been telling everyone- even strangers on the street ;) ) I've got a NEW CAMERA!!! Needless to say, I'm just a wee bit excited! I had been using my cell phone for the past year or so to take pictures, because our camera was broke. (Don't ask!!! The story isn't pretty.) But I digress, now where was I? Oh yeah! I got a new camera!!!! And I was just itching to try it out. To the point that I had a rash!



That's pretty serious! I called the doctor, she told me to cancel everything else on my schedule and start taking photos immediately! Well, ya GOTTA follow doctor's orders! So.... I started thinking, what do I want to photograph first. You could LITERALLY see the gears in my head start turning:I don't know which is scarier, the fact that you could actually SEE the gears in my head turning, OR the fact that there are so FEW!!! :) If you look close enough you can even see the rust around the edges! HA! So, as prescribed by Dr. Anita Gethout-Moore, I loaded up the kiddos and we left the house:



Excuse me for a minute, I'm still laughing! Anyhow, we set out on our journey to commune with nature. Which as anyone can tell you I'm a nature lover! Well, for about a hour or two at a time-then it's back to all the comforts of home! (please see above. Yep... STILL FUNNY!) We drove quite a long way and through some back roads before we found nature.




But when we did, Look what we found: FALL!! Hooray! I LOVE FALL! (It's almost as great as my new camera. Did I mention the camera?!) Take a gander at some of the beauty we saw.





Oooooohhhh! Aaaaahhhh! If you scratch the picture you can even SMELL the crisp, clean fall air!! And if you look at it loooong enough, you'll swear that you can even FEEL the chill in the air!






And this one below is my favorite shot of the day. Not bad for someone who has NO CLUE what she is doing huh?! I think it might even be good enough for a postcard shot. Entitled : " Welcome to Fall! Wish you were here!" What do you think?






I'm no professional. Not even close. But I sent it to someone who is. No really, I did!! Hey I KNOW people! Anyhow, this professional photographer took pity on me. She gave me a few tips and pointers on how to improve my game. ( How nice was that?! Yes, pretty darn nice!!! ) The owner of the studio even toodled with, piddled with, fiddled with,....well, did whatever it is that professional photographers do with photos (some trade secret kinda stuff) And taaaadaaaa:

How DID she do that?!! Wow!! Forget the postcard! THIS is now a beautiful portrait of nature at it's finest! Thank you for everything! You're AWESOME!!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, truly, you are hilarious. Glad your inner creative self has been set free. Glad you found nature. Not sure how you found gears to photograph the inside of your noodle, but OMG you are funny. Enjoyed your photographic journey. Glad you liked the image framing. Had I have known we were going to show before and after, I would have made it nuttier. :) We will jazz people later in your show. kiki

Jen said...

Where do I order prints of that masterpiece?

I believe I am getting a new camera for Christmas - no promises from Trav yet - but he is a good gifter and that's the only thing I've told him on my list! :) I want one that is kind of like Kiki's small one. My current camera is a bit cumbersome and won't fit in my purse.

Love your blog.