Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Nasty little cold bug...And a dose of Drama

We've had company at our house. A nasty little bug. It starts out with a sore throat, rapidly becomes congestion, and then lingers far too long in the chest. 3 outta 4 of us have been affected by this...or should I say infected by this.. so far Ricardo has been spared.

Now any Mom will tell you, ya hate it when your kids get sick. You do whatever it takes to get them on the road to recovery. You would also gladly battle the bug, rather than have your kids suffer. Now what some Mom's might not tell you, (but I'm being honest here) is that some kids are easier patients than others when they are sick.

I hate it when either of my children are sick....but I DREAD it when little brown eyes is ill...



Blue Eyes, is the easiest patient in the world to take care of. He doesn't complain. He's thankful for every little thing you do for him-big or small. He's the model patient. Brown Eyes is a little more, shall we say....high maintenance. When he's under the weather, it means there's a storm a brewing.

He has no patience for being sick. It makes him (best case scenario) a wee bit cranky...with
some dramatic flair thrown in for good measure.

The past 7 days have been full of drama, with such classic lines as "my cough just WON'T go away....I don't think I will EVER get better...!" "Being sick makes me sad....I don't think I'll EVER be happy again!"

As well as irritability....I ALMOST buttered the WRONG SIDE of his waffles on Monday. Yes, apparently waffles do have a right side and wrong side to put butter on. (They should really put THAT little direction tip on the Eggo box ;). I don't have to tell ya, I was just a hair's width away from getting an ass chewing on that one! LUCKILY, I corrected my mistake in time!

Oy! From where DOES this little guy get his temper and all the drama....SURELY NOT from his Momma!!! ;)

But I'm happy to report, that Blue Eyes is completely recovered. I'm over the hump and on the downhill coast to recovery. And as for Little Brown Eyes....


He's feeling MUCH BETTER. His cough IS indeed going away. And from the look of things, I dare say he WILL BE HAPPY once again!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Poor little guys! Glad you are all on the mend and I hope Ricardo misses it altogether!

Cute pictures... Brown Eyes is a doll even when he is under the weather!

Kiki said...

That conversation has a familiar lake ring to it. Glad he is recovering and through the fear of forever having a cough. :)
And good ole Blue eyes...I am not surprised he is a model patient.