Thursday, September 3, 2009

Rihanna beating 'a blur' to Chris Brown, he says after 'I don't remember' bombshell on CNN

I may be opening up a big can o worms here; but I just gotta give my opinion on this whole Chris Brown "incident."...Is that really what we are calling it?...An "incident." Wow! I didn't know that brutally beating someone could be downgraded to an "incident." What's next? Will a homicide be downgraded to a "misunderstanding" if it involves a celebrity?

Striking a woman if wrong. Period. I think it would be especially evident to someone who watched their mother being beat as Chris Brown did growing up. Repeatedly striking, punching, biting and choking a woman...that's reprehensible, and SHOULD be punishable by more than just probation and community service. And as for accepting his responsibility in all this...puhleeze! He is claiming that he cannot remember the "incident." That it is all a blur to him. Really. Tell it to O.J ...I'm sure HE will understand. I do not.

Do you also think that if it were ANYONE else besides a celebrity, that they would have been given probation and community service? IF that is indeed standard procedure, then our justice system REALLY should be completely overhauled.

I am including one of the recent articles that I read. Tell me, does this type of violence and slap on the wrist as punishment offend you as much as it does me? What's your opinion of this "incident?"



Rihanna beating 'a blur' to Chris Brown, he says after 'I don't remember' bombshell on CNN

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm with you. It's messed up.

Anonymous said...

He's scum

Kiki said...

He is indeed pond scum. Maybe below that.