Thursday, September 10, 2009

This is the Homeschool Curriculum that we use:

This is what I will refer to as the "Box of Knowledge." Because when you enroll and order ... THIS is what you get:
First grade covers the below subjects:

Each subject has 12 workbooks.


When you enroll in 9th grade you receive this:



Math/Algebra, English, Science/Biology, Social Studies, Etymology, New Testament Survey, Health, and P.E. All of the above subjects also have 12 PACES a piece. (Except for Biology which has 24 workbooks and a DVD series-and Health which only has 6 workbooks because it is a one semester course.)


Are you with me so far? Are you beyond bored with this post? I implore you to stay with me for just a moment longer......Now, scroll up to the top and back down again...I'll wait...


ALL of THIS up above is why my postings will be erratic or hit and miss and lackluster for the next several days, weeks, months. We've got all this information to absorb, decipher, learn. We are already 2 weeks behind schedule due to the delay in enrollment/shipping. Soooooo, basically for the next several weeks (and weekends) we will be playing catch up. And playing very little......:(


I thank you in advance for your patience. I pray for our patience in the days, weeks, months ahead. I also ask for the power of positive thoughts, so that we may complete this in a timely manner. No monetary donations are needed at this time. However, as always, any alcoholic donations to yours truly would be gladly ingested....I mean happily accepted. (wink, wink)

5 comments:

kiki said...

Lol!! and...
OMG!! That's a lot to learn. Seemed easier when you didn't have to look at a year's work all in one pile. Best of luck and we'll miss you...hurry back.

Jen said...

What is etymology? I have heard of entomology... but never etymology.
Nevermind... don't answer that. I will google it and find out.
I am impatient that way. :)

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

I'm in awe of you and Melissa over at carsick...I could never homeschool simply because I lack the gene that supplies basic human intelligence. That and patience? I gots none.

Anonymous said...

You'll catch up quick once you and the kids mesh. So to speak. The first few weeks always seem to be hetic don't they? This is our third week, I started early because I knew we would miss days because of my mom and already this week we had Monday off and today we climbed a mountain so we didn't do any official work and tomorrow we'll miss school because we've been told to get my mothers affairs in order. But for some reason I'm not worried. Everything feels right.
It will get there for you to.
No, really I haven't had a drop to drink tonight.

Anonymous said...

Wow I just rread Auds comment. HA HA HA HA HA HA she doesn't know how much we drink....