Thursday, September 24, 2009

Well Done-Woof! Woof!!!!

My stress level has been pretty high lately. I feel like one of those fundraiser posters. You know the ones, where it shows how much further you have to go until you reach your goal. "My stress level is here...only 2 or 3 more contributions of stress, and we will have reached our freakout goal" Yea!!!!







Add to that, the fact that I'm one of "those people." You know, the kind that always likes to have a project to do. I even make "To Do Lists", much to hubby Ricardo's chagrin. If I don't have a task, a sense of purpose, a feeling of completion and satisfaction of a job well done...well I get a little edgy. If I don't have some type of physical exertion/release on a daily basis, I also get really uptight.







Due to budget cuts and restraints, there haven't been any home improvement projects completed in a while. Due to time constraints, worry and added chaos, I haven't even had much free time to work out lately. I remedied all that on Sunday.This is our cul-de-sac entrance. It is home to the "pitcher's mound" as we like to call it. One of the many projects on our (okay, MY) "Landscaping To Do List." I've been slowly tackling it. A tree here. Another tree there. Planters and flowers are another stage to be done as well...at a later date.







This past Sunday, while Ricardo and Blue Eyes were fishing, I loaded up Brown Eyes and headed to Home Depot. I had received a $5 off coupon on a purchase of $50 or more in the mail. I also had a $50 gift card. Brown Eyes and I got our "frugal bargain shopping on"... so to speak. We picked out two trees (on sale- 1/2 price) and bought soil, as well as mulch.







After Ricardo and Blue Eyes returned home, the whole family went out front and planted the two trees you see in the foreground.






We are now two trees closer to our landscaping goal. (check) I got my much needed physical exertion in.(check) As well as- spending quality time with the family.(check) Outside. In the sunshine.(check and check) Oh, and the whole thing didn't cost a dime out of pocket. (cha-ching!) Now all those checkmarks added together,...Well they are enough to make any anal, compulsive, stressed out, "To Do List/Project Manager" on a budget,...down right proud!!! :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good job!
I sure love all my baby trees... someday I will have a pretty, shady yard.

Anonymous said...

Nice!

You have a beautiful home.

kiki said...

Wow! That is very impressive and exciting. Good job. Looks beautimous!!!