Monday, January 18, 2010

Hammies n Gluts and Thighs...Oh MY!

This will be a short post, as it even hurts to sit. My hammies are spazzing, my butt is twinging and my quads are quivering with pain or laughter (I can't be sure which.)

In my quest to get into shape and shake things up a bit, I got off the eliptical machine...and turned on the T.V. I tuned into exercise t.v. on demand programs and worked out to Cathe Friedrich's Leg Workout. An hour of lunging, lifting, squating and bending with weights. Feel the burn...Now and Later!

I'm a die hard Denise Austin fan...LOVE her! But I gotta say, if this pain is any indication of how quickly my thighs and butt are gonna firm up-Cathe and I are gonna be great friends! ( Does that make me a masochist?!?) I am going to try to do her workouts twice a week to make my muscles respond to a different type of workout and hopefully firm up faster. (We can only hope.) Thursday, I'm doing her Bicep and Tricep workout-so if you don't hear from me that day, it's cause I'm too sore to even type.

Anyway, as I live under a rock, I just wanted to know if anyone else had ever tried her workouts before and what you thought of it. If not, and you are looking for a good exercise video, I recommend giving Cathe's a try. I got this one free off the television. Nice to know I'm finally getting my moneys worth from cable. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to find my other little friend- Motrin. :)

2 comments:

kiki said...

I have never tried that workout before. I could not get the gym to fit into my routine this Christmas season with work and all. So, I skipped the gym in November and December, and am feeling like a toad. Going back last week was not overly enjoyable, yet I loved every minute. I'll look that instructor up.... Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I got a gym membership for Christmas. I really want to go every day. But I don't:( I'm proud of you.