Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Art Tutorial by Ima Jo King

As a home school mom, art is a very important part of our curriculum. I feel it is so very important to let the kiddos express their creativity. Find the budding little Picasso's within their souls.





For the following art project tutorial, you will need:





Plain unlined paper


Pens, pencils, crayons or magic markers


Your handy dandy glue stick


A little imagination


And....





A few dead flies ( Note to PETA*humanely euthanized of course*)





Give the kiddos free reign, and viola:








Masterpieces! I guarantee you won't find anything like this in the public school system, No Sir!!





We titled this one "Take a Flying Leap off a short pier"





For the romantics at heart, "I only have flies for you, Baby!"




And for a little bathroom humor: "Hey buddy, your fly is open!"






Remember to support the arts! And as I always say: "If you can't set a good example, serve as a horrible warning to others!"


Til next time...


Art Instructor Extraordinaire,




Ima Jo King


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwww! Funny! Can you come here to teach art?

kiki said...

That is the funniest and most disgusting "Art" I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing....I think. :)

Jen said...

This is even better than ANYTHING I have EVER seen on PW's site! I LOVED this post! You are a rockstar among homeschoolers!
Heeeeelarious!

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

OMG I love it...in a "ewwww, that's oddly amusing" kind of a way.

Seriously funny, despite the ewww factor!

Anonymous said...

but where did you get all the flies?

I think that is totally awesome. Like Auds said, in a "ewww.." kind of way, but extremely creative!

Jen said...

In case you didn't know, I adore you.
Thank you for donating to a cause I care so deeply about.
You. Are. A. Peach!

Jen said...

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that my mom started reading The Bronze Horseman.... she told me that she was still in her pajamas at 5:00pm today! All she did was read all day long! I am guessing that Dad will be fending for himself until she finishes! :)
I still just cannot believe what a fantastic story that was!