Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life Saving Enchilada

The boys and I just spent 3 hours swimming in the pool today. Finally came in due to heat and hunger. Heat-102. Hunger-INTENSE!!!

What is it about swimming that causes you to go from fine to stark raving mad hungry in a split second??!! We were all a little weak in the knees and shaky. Barely able to wrap the towels around us and stumble towards the door. Almost too weak to turn the knob. Was only the force of us all tumbling upon each other that propelled the door open.

Threw last nights left over enchiladas and rice in the microwave. Was the longest 1 1/2 minute of waiting time I can ever remember! We sat in wet swimsuits and towels. Water dripping on the floor. Wrinkly fingers grabbing on to eating utensils with all our might. Couldn't shovel it in fast enough. Manners be damned. Need for sustenance too great.

Happy to report we are all much better now. But it was a close call. Too close. I think those enchiladas may have saved our lives!!! Ah, the power of cheese!

Me thinks perhaps I should have taken Drama in High School....who knows what it could have led to???!!!

3 comments:

kiki said...

Thank goodness you survived. That was a really close call. I was on the edge of my seat! :) You guys should consider packing a cooler next time.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You are so right. When we lived in Florida we were two minutes by car to get home and I remember me and the kids being soooo hungry I just couldn't get food in them fast enough! What a great memory!


WTF my word is dupsymen

Jen said...

I know of what you speak... it is so weird when your body tells you it's time to eat - NOW!

And I could eat enchiladas 7 days a week. MMMmmm Mexican food is my favorite!