Friday, July 24, 2009

Disturbia

We have a neighbor who peeks through the blinds of their upstairs window when we are at the pool. Not every time, but often enough. We will go out for a swim, and soon afterwards the blinds next door will creep open. Not all the way, just enough for someone to peer out and not be seen.







A twist to this already disturbing tale, the wife plays for both teams. I'm not judging, I'm just saying. I used to think it was her watching us. I thought she would get bored quick enough. Now, the husband is home all the time too on medical disability. I honestly don't know which one is watching us. Yet someone definitely is lurking on occasion.







I honestly don't think they are watching my kids. They have children themselves. And if I thought for an instant they were watching my kids, I would have simply and methodically taken them out. Those of you who know me, know that is true. Also true, it is common knowledge that I definitely don't think "I'm all that. " I have a body that only a husband could love. My husband-not someone else's. And I prefer to get him liqueured up first before he sees me naked. ;) I can't imagine being eye candy to another woman either. So, I just don't get the fascination with peeking through the blinds.....







Here, judge for yourselves- I took these pictures of me in my suit to show you.

I get it. I've got a good tan going. Firm enough looking at first glance. Perhaps I do look appealing enough....FROM A DISTANCE!!!! Lots of things look good from a distance. But they are not always as they appear. Let's face it, I'm a middle age woman in a bikini. My glory days are long gone. The truth be known... THIS is what I look like close up:













It's not pretty. Definitely not anything worth watching. Not even if I slathered mustard all over my body and floated around the pool on a hotdog bun. Okay, maybe THAT would be worth watching for the giggle factor.













We have planted trees in between the houses. It will take another couple of years before we get any real privacy. Until then, Any suggestions? Should I too just keep on ignoring it? Should I just hope that the fascination wears off? Start waving? Give them them the charming Roadtrip Stacy gesture? Invite them over to grill sausages and talk about how things are not always what they seem??!!!







3 comments:

Jen said...

I think waving would embarrass them enough to stop!

Your photos cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

damn is that really your ass?
I'd gat the whole family to line up and do a family moon.

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

I think either Jen or Melissa's comment would do the trick!

That photo cracked me up.