Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dear Mattel

Dear Mattel,

I have a great idea for you. It's an addition to your Barbie line. I like to call my creation, "Road Trip Stacy Doll." Unlike Barbie, the roadtrip doll is more realistic. She's shorter, less curves...more rolls. Stacy's not so "plactic looking." She's got a few wrinkles around her brow and laughlines.

Unlike glamorous Barbie, Roadtrip Stacy is more.."down home looking" shall we say. She comes with clothes of course. Cut off shorts and oversized tees. She can wear flip-flops, sneakers or star-spangled knee high boots. She doesn't wear make-up. But you can make the circles under her eyes darker by a quick swoop of your "Stacy Road Trip black washable marker." Stacy will also come with a comb. Because the longer Stacy is on the road, the more humidity plays havoc with her hair. It can get quite chaotic. Why, by the end of the trip it will be standing on end without maintenance.

Roadtrip Stacy is Navigationally challenged. She is always getting lost. You will have to read the roadmap for her and keep her from taking the wrong exits. Roadtrip Stacy will also come with her own SUV. As a bonus, each time you honk on the horn while Stacy is in the SUV, you will get a different catchy phrase. Honk once, you'll hear: "Are you KIDDING ME???!!!" Honk again and hear: "Get the (bleep) out of the way!!!" Honk 3 times and you'll hear: "Don't be an A**hole!" See, Road-trip Stacy is queen of the road. She fears no one. You can even maneuver her fingers to display a charming little roadtrip gesture.

Roadtrip Stacy should have her own line of friends. For instance, "Worm" who unlike her nickname, is very glamorous. She will have long, beautiful flowing hair, and tiny doll like features. ( A vast difference to our more girl next door from the hood looking Stacy doll.) Whenever these two girls get in the SUV they will chatter non-stop. (Be sure to have plenty of back up batteries for the dolls on hand.) You can also have Road Trip children to add to your collection. One who needs to potty every 15 minutes and has no patience. This little fella will come with his own potty seat, dvd player and assorted snacks. Another larger version child will also be available. While this doll is lower maintenance, he gets queasy. So of course he will come standard with a barfbag. More fun, quirky characters can be added in the future. The accessories can be endless as well.

I think this doll could be just what has been missing from your collection. Please have your agents contact me ASAP. Until then, I shall be "road testing" out this little collective creation this weekend. Working out any kinks and thinking of more options for the line.

Catch you next week.

'Til then,
This is Road Trip Stacy bidding you many happy travel miles!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Drive safe! I can't wait to give all of these "dolls" a big ol' hug!

Anonymous said...

Wait, you need me an over wirgt Barbie that pukes in the car and THEN gets drive Heaves. (And her ankles swell)
Great post as always!!!!!!!!
I read this the other day but my computer kept freezing up.
BTW what do you use for a curriculum? I'm struggling with science this year.

My word is tonarca which means I Want To Bed You in some sexy language. Try it. Say it with an accent.......

Anonymous said...

weight I can't spell.

Jen said...

Miss you guys already....
I love the pics of me and brown eyes and me and blue eyes. I LOVE them and hope my boys didn't corrupt them too much.

kiki said...

LOL!! That was excellent! She and her travel friend should come with cheeseburgers and milkshakes and expandable bodies.