Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Wonderful Snow Day

Last week we FINALLY had the long awaited day that all kids long for-The Snow Day!!! In these parts, we don't get snow hardly ever. And when we do, it is only a dusting of it. Not enough to get too excited about, let alone do much with. But, this was an honest to goodness snow day! Who knew when we would get this kind of white winter wonderland again. We had to make good use of it. And we did.... Behold the snow elves. They helped to create a bevy of snow creatures. Although, it should be noted that some helped a little more than others....

I'll let you guess which one is which. :) But, I'll cut him some slack. This is his first real snow storm. Exciting stuff! Is there a person in existance who has not tried to catch a snowflake on their tongue at least once? I think not!


Behold our creations:

The snow robot.






Le Snowman




Le Snow Dog. :P




And Le Beautimous Snow Lady. (Note the "frilly hat"-tres chic!)


A wonderful time was had by children of all ages and children at heart. The snow creations are now nothing more than a memory...but what a memory it is!!!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great FUN!!!!
Everyone needs a snowday!

Jen said...

How fun! I love the pictures and I am tickled that my southern friends got to enjoy some of the white stuff!

kiki said...

Very cute! I love the snow dog! We made snowmen too! I have to admit, it was a lot more difficult than I remember. I loved every minute of it though!